ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Modern Primary School – Comprehensive Package
Date 2012-11-03 05:11:53 Location : Asia:China
-Modern primary school with motivated students
-Exciting east coast location (25 mins train from Shanghai)
-Long paid holidays (2 months summer + 1 month winter + 12 days National Holidays)
-Comprehensive package and support
We are now holding interviews for English teachers at our primary school based in the city of Jiaxing in the east coast of China in Zhejiang province. If you are a dynamic teacher, have an interest in teaching young learners aged 7 to 10 years old and can deliver learner centered, communicative lessons then we are interested in speaking with you.
Our public school is modern with up to date teaching materials and equipment including projectors and computers. Various student interactions are encouraged in class such as group work, pair work, role plays, project work as well as more traditional teaching methods to add variety to the classes and help create a fun and relaxed learning environment.
All new teachers will receive training on arrival and will be introduced to the school and teaching methods.
Teaching materials and resources are provided by the school and are targeted to the age of the students being taught. Materials follow the Chinese national school curriculum and focus on developing all four skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing. Teachers are encouraged to adapt and supplement the materials where need be to ensure classes are engaging and interesting.
Jiaxing – The city
Jiaxing is situated on the Yangtze Delta, on the east coast of China, Zhejiang province, a short distance from Shanghai. It is a medium sized city well known for its beauty and tranquility. South Lake is an ideal place to stroll around and visit the ruins of the 10thcentury misty Rain Tower. Jiaxing is a compact, green, yet increasingly prosperous city interlaced with rivers, canals and lakes. In the surrounding area are a number of ancient river towns with small canals running though them.
· Bachelor’s degree
· TEFL certificate
· 2 years teaching experience
· Native fluency in the English language
· Professional, culturally aware, positive work ethic
· Maximum 15 hours teaching per week (20 x 45 minute classes)
· 2 “English corner” discussion classes per month
· Deliver learner-centered, engaging lessons to all students
· Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
· Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
· Attend school activities, parties and other events
· Excellent salary: 6,000 – 8,000 RMB per month (depending on teaching experience)
· Flight allowance: 8,000 RMB per year
· Free housing provided by the school
· Travel bonus: 1,200 RMB at the end of each semester
· 90 days school holiday per year (2 months summer & 1 month winter – pay at 50%)
· Plus 12 days paid Chinese National Holidays
· Accident insurance provided by most schools
· Legal ‘Z’ work visa
· Training course during first week and on-going development