ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
ESL Jobs in China - EF Taiyuan
Date 2012-11-04 21:11:09 Location : Asia:China
Taiyuan, Shanxi province, P.R.China
Position: Full time English language teacher
EF English First, Taiyuan is now interviewing for qualified English language teachers with a drive and passion for teaching. If you have the attributes of an effective teacher and the desire to work in a rewarding and fulfilling school we would like to talk to you.
EF Taiyuan was opened in 2002 and since then we have build a hugely successful school based on the principles of delivering high quality, enjoyable classes to all of our students. We have recently relocated to a brand new location and can boast a cutting edge learning environment including digitally interactive whiteboards, exceptional course materials and a fresh, modern school design.
EF Taiyuan offers a selection of courses across all levels and abilities, with a focus on young learners. All prospective students are given a personal placement test by one of our academic staff to assess their English ability, and then course consultants help the customer choose the right course for them.
Taiyuan – The city
Situated on the northern banks of the Yellow River, Taiyuan is the capital of Shanxi Province. The city has a long history that dates back more than 2500 years and it originally served as an important military position in north-central China. Without many foreigners or tourists, Taiyuan gives teachers a chance to experience an authentic China that they can’t get in big cities like Shanghai or Beijing. That being said, the school itself is located near the center of the city, within easy walking distance of many foreign comforts, including bars, gyms, shops and apartments.
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 7,000-8,000 RMB per month (depending on experience)
• Free accommodation: Western style, near the school
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Performance related bonuses: up to 700 RMB per month
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy