Needed Native Teacher in Vietnam
Date 2012-11-05 04:11:04 Location : Southeast Asia
Haiphong is the third biggest city in Vietnam. However, Haiphong is more quiet than Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city and less traffic. Especially the living cost here is much lower than that in Hanoi and HCMC. The school is in the city center which is 20 km from Do Son beach. Therefore teachers teaching at our school really enjoy the peaceful lifestyle and days off at the beach. Moreover, the staff and teaching condition here are professional, friendly and helpful as well.
- Australian, American, Australian Native Teacher
- Female is preferred
- TESOL or TEFL or relevant certificate
- BA or BS degree or higher
1. Teachers are required to teach all groups of students: children, teenagers and adults. The teachers will have teacher's assistant for lower level classes. Each class has about 15 to 20 students. The teacher has to develop a lesson much with extra teaching materials and ESL games to make the class atmosphere interesting and fun, also based on the course outline given for each level of the Center.
2. The salary : VND 280,000 per hour ( equal USD 13 per hour ) for a 01 year contract;
VND 270, 000 per hour for a 06 month contract
3. Hours : from 16 to 20 hour per week ( 64 to 80 hours per months. And the school guarantees the salary of 64 hours per month. That means if the school cannot supplythe teacherwith 64 hours per month,he will still get pay fully of 64 hours )
4.Time of teaching : from Monday to Friday : we normally have 02 hour classes for teens and adults from 5.30pm to 7.30pm and from 7.30pm to 9.30pm; we have classes for children On Sat. and Sun. morning and early afternoon
5. Clothes expectation: formal clothes. For male teachers: Shirts, pants, tie, shoes, and formal jacket in winter. For females: blouse, pants, shoes, dresses or skirts. NO JEANS or T- SHIRTs
6.Day off : normally 01 day per week, maybe more days off per week which depends on the changes of number of classes each week
7. Time of a contract : 06 months or 01 year
8. Benefits : + the teacher is supported with the amount of VND1,500,000( one million five hundred thousand VND, equals about USD 70) per month as accommodation fee and teachers will live in a hotel which is near our center with a reasonable price under the agreement between this hotel and our school applied to our teachers.
+ get bonus for public holiday as other staff.
+ if teachers work well and effectively, they will get bonus at the end of the contract
+ the school will pay for visa renewing fee and work permit expenses if the teacher signs 01 year contract
The probation time:
The demonstration: when a teacher arrives in Haiphong he will have 01 week for observations of other teachers' classes. Then he will take a demonstration during the second week staying here. I also want to emphasize that the contract will be signed if he passes the probation time of 02 weeks and gets a good result in class of demo. (since we are going to get to know each other to find out the harmony between the teacher and our school before signing a contract).
Contact: Mr. Tony Lam
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.