ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teachers-Teacher Mentors Needed in Borneo, East Malaysia
Date 2012-11-10 04:11:59 Location : Southeast Asia
Teacher Development Mentors
British Council and Malaysian Ministry of Education
Borneo, East Malaysia
We are looking for independent, flexible and self-motivated teachers/teacher mentors to be part of an exciting project with the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
There are 3 start dates available:
- 3 December 2012
- 21 January 2013
- 25 February 2013
This is an excellent development opportunity for anyone interested in teacher training or mentoring in a rural, primary context and a unique chance to experience the biodiversity of Borneo from within its fascinating culture.
You will be part of a team of trainers working to provide and support Malaysian early primary teachers with methodology training, teaching resources and continuous professional development in order to improve the teaching of English in Malaysia. Working as a local teacher mentor within a cluster of primary schools in Malaysian Borneo, you will provide on-the-job support through a variety of development activities, including a range of innovative British Council training courses.
This is a rewarding opportunity for you to make a real difference to classroom teaching and learning, as you will be able to see real progress and develop close working relationships with Malaysia’s future education leaders.
So, what are we offering?
- Professional development and support provided through local Project Managers
- A monthly gross salary ranges from MYR 7,695 to MYR 9,996 (starting point on scale depends on your qualification and experience)
- Flights, relocation and settling-in expenses
- Transportation between schools
- Comprehensive health insurance
And what are we looking for?
- You should be between 27 and 63 years old (this is a requirement set by the MoE specifically for this post).
- You should have a high proficiency in English.
- You should have an undergraduate/university degree.
- You should also have an internationally recognised TEFL certificate (Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL).
- You should also have at least 2 years of full-time relevant experience post certificate particularly in the age group 7 to 12 years old.