ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
NETs Needed to Teach Vocational English
Date 2012-11-11 03:11:00 Location : Asia:China
To (a) perform teaching duties, including supervision of students’ projects and fieldwork; (b) carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration; (c) organize campus-wide extra-curricular English activities for students; (d) coordinate language enhancement activities; (e) develop course curriculum and teaching/learning/assessment materials; (f) implement the VTC’s quality assurance policy; and (g) participate in departmental projects and functions, including research studies, seminars and exhibitions, where necessary.
(a) The applicant should be a native-speaker of English (Englishbeingthe person’s native language) or possess native-speaker’s competence; (b) A relevant recognized degree or equivalent* (e.g. English Language / Language Studies or Linguistics (Majoring in English) / English Literature / English & Communication / Translation (English subject)), preferably with post-graduate qualifications; (c) With at least three years’ relevant teaching experience#, but candidates with less experience may be considered for the post of Teaching Associate; (d) Good interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills; and (e) A good team player, able to work on own initiative and willing to meet challenges.
* Applicants with a recognized degree in a non-relevant field but possess a recognized and relevant English-teaching qualification may also apply, but a transcript withdetailed listof modules and duration of the course including the number of hours of instruction and practicum should be provided. Such relevant English-teaching qualification includes Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma in Education (Majoring in English), Certificate in Teaching English To Speakers of Other Languages withassessedpracticum (e.g. CELTA, English-teaching certification recognized by TESL Canada, Trinity CertTESOL), English for Specific Purposes (ESP)).
# The three years’ relevant teaching experience should beteachingof English subject at the level of Grade 10 or Form 4 or above onfull-time basis.
Salary and Conditions:
1. The monthly salaries are
Lecturer : Around HK$35,000
Teaching Associate : Around HK$21,000
2. Initial appointment will be on a 2-year contract from end August 2013.
3. Employees may receive performance pay at the Council’s discretion.
1. Medical insurance will be provided.
2. Staff quarters in Chai Wan (onshared accommodation basis)/special housing allowance for designated campuses, passage and baggage allowance will be provided for eligible appointees whose current/normal place of residence is outside Hong Kong.