TESOL One - TESL One
Seeking English Language Teachers
Date 2012-11-12 04:11:20 Location : Europe
Oxford English Academy, Vladivostok, Russia, is seeking two English language teachers for our growing schools.
The start date of the contract is January 1, 2013 (or earlier, if agreed upon) and the end date of the contract is January 1, 2014. If you cannot commit to this contract time, please do not apply.
* Professional in manner and lesson preparation (for instance, teachers are expected to be at the school 30 minutes before their lessons);
* Native speaker (USA(more preferable), UK, Ireland, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand, Australia);
* Bachelor's degree + TEFL Certification;
* Post-TEFL Certification experience of at least one year highly preferred;
* Experience teaching a range of ages and English language skills (you probably won't teach children under 11 or 12 years-old, but you will likely teach teens and adults);
* Experience with business English and exams (particularly IELTS/TOEFL);
* Experience working/living in Russia is highly preferred;
* Russian language skills not required, but highly recommended;
* Highly preferred: Flexibility and an open mind. Russia is a unique country with singular qualities; things change, things can take a long to be completed, and so forth. In addition, the nature of our school is such that schedules can change. If you are wary of these two realities: Please do not apply.
Some notes: We will do our best to avoid split shifts for our teachers; they might be a necessity at times, however. Weekend activities (such as a Saturday speaking club, and open house, or a school party) are required for teachers, but they are paid (either count against hours or will be paid as extra hours).
* 50,000 60,000 rubles/month net(roughly $1600-2000USD) for 110-120 academic hours per month teaching (one academic hour = 40 minutes). Teachers are welcome to work extra academic hours at an hourly rate, if desired, provided that said hours are available;
* Reimbursement for return air tickets (1/3 at the beginning of the contract, 1/3 in the middle, 1/3 at the end);
* Visa costs reimbursement (upon arrival);
* Work visa support (this means we will take care of altering your initial visa to a work visa--We do not want you to work illegally!);
* Paid holiday time is accrued as follows: 17 days per six months of work (plus Russian public holidays). Be aware: This holiday time can only be used after six months on contract, and specific dates should be agreed upon with the academic director;
* Health insurance provided;
* We will assure you are legally registered; and
* Airport pick-up.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.