ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teaching Jobs in China - EF Changsha
Date 2012-11-14 03:11:23 Location : Asia:China
EF Changsha, part of the largest education group in the world, is a newly built school equipped with all the latest technology and learning tools. EF Changsha’s school manager is bringing over 10 years of experience within the EF network, having owned and run other EF schools in China.
EF Changsha offers a range of courses across all levels and abilities. Our main focus is on young learners aged 7 to 14 years old and we also offer courses to teenager and adult students. Emphasis is placed on providing an engaging and varied learning experience to all students. Course materials are backed up with a large collection of teaching resources. Teacher training and on-going academic support is also given the highest priority.
Changsha – The city
Changsha is the capital city of Hunan Province, just south of central China and is situated in the river valley along the Xiang River. The city’s history can be traced back to 3,000 years ago, the tomb relics standing as witness to ancient human activity in the area. Along with these ancient tombs the experts also located silk products, paintings, potteries, bamboo slips for writing, weapons and herbs, which can all be visited at the Hunan Provincial Museum.
The people of Changsha boast of having the finest cuisine in China as they spend a lot of time preparing and eating various kinds of food. What sets them apart is their fine and delicate appearance and hot and sour taste. Changsha people are also famous for their acting and have created many different traditional folk art performances of their own including the local operas, storytelling, drum opera, acrobatics and other dramatic styles.
Today, most of the entertainment houses in the city present dynamic and entertaining performances with a blend of the traditional essence and the modern flare. One can find romantic and quiet bars, dynamic show bars, teahouses, western style restaurants and much more in this vibrant city.
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 6,500 – 8,000 RMB per month depending on experience
• Free accommodation: Western style, near the school
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Performance related bonus
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy