Gain Experience with Maple Bear Canadian Schools - South Korea
Date 2012-11-17 11:11:39 Location : Asia:Korea
Gain Experience with Maple Bear Canadian Schools - South Korea - Canadian Curriculum, methodology, North American Staff! Apply now.
MAPLE BEAR CANADIAN SCHOOLS South Korea
Job Posting - Teachers
Start Dates: December 2012, January, February, March 2013
Contract: 1 year (renewable or switch to another global Maple Bear location!)
School Locations Currently Hiring: South Korea Jongno, Songpa, Bundang, Pyeongchon, Daegu, Yongin
*Couples/groups welcome to apply together*
ABOUT MAPLE BEAR SCHOOLS
MAPLE BEAR is looking for dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and caring teachers to teach young students in South Korea and implement the Maple Bear curriculum.
The Maple Bear curriculum was developed taking into account the very latest research with respect to early childhood education. It provides a strong academic program in an environment that encourages children''s natural and innate interest in learning. The program reinforces and builds on this positive attitude by offering varied and stimulating experiences to the children.
Competence in language, reading, mathematics and science is developed systematically. Teachers integrate subject knowledge into a variety of active techniques suitable to the developmental stages of the children. Maple Bear has high learning expectations for children within a healthy, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
We believe that nothing is more important than our children. The vision of the Maple Bear schools is to establish an enthusiasm for learning and knowledge in young learners that will serve as a foundation for future success in the
formal education system.
Maple Bear schools offer a professional teaching environment and offers both pre-departure and on the ground training for new teachers. Gain experience to bring home working with a comprehensive Canadian curriculum and a full North American team of educators.
For more information about the Maple Bear curriculum, please visit: http://www.maplebear.ca
- Degree/Diploma of Education or ECE or related area of study
- Native English speaker, North American preferred
- Experience teaching/supervising young children
- Teacher certification (Teaching certificate) issued by provincial or state authorization is an asset
- Lesson preparation
- Preparation of student progress reports and evaluation
- Correcting and grading student work
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Participation in teacher training workshops
- Teaching material preparation and maintenance
- 2.3-2.5 Million Korean Won per month
- Professional training on Maple Bear curriculum pre-departure and in-class.
- Two weeks vacation (total) at Christmas and Summer breaks, plus all national Korean holidays.
- Free round-trip air ticket provided
- Medical coverage (50/50 split with employee)
- Pension contributions and severance bonus on completion of contract.
- Unshared accommodation provided: apartment with shower and washroom; partly furnished (bed, desk, chair, sink, small refrigerator, gas range, washer, air con.)
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.