ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Teachers Needed in Surat Thani, South Thailand
Date 2012-11-23 15:11:09 Location : Southeast Asia:Thailand
‘The Language’ is a private language school operating in Surat Thani, South Thailand that requires native English teachers to join our happily placed team. Surat Thani is perfectly located as regards to the South of Thailand. Enjoy a real Thai experience living in Surat Thani Town, then take the opportunity to travel in any direction and end up in a place of beauty; ranging from beautiful beaches to amazing jungles and waterfalls.
An opportunity for a teacher to develop their skills in a supportive environment teaching students from Kindergarten to Grade 9 (Depending on the position) as an ESL teacher in a different cultural environment. You have the option of applying for positions at The Language School or our partner private Kindergarten/Primary school. Key requirements include:
• Native speaker from U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand with a Degree (Others need not apply please),
• TEFL or equivalent certificate.
• A desire to develop in the teaching profession.
• Experience using word, excel and power point for teaching and assessment purposes.
• A willingness to be actively involved in extra curricular activities (parent meetings, children’s parties etc)
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
1. Joy School- Regular Kindergarten and Grade One (20hrs contact time +16 hours prep) 7.30-4.30 December 2012 – April 2013
Teaching one Grade 1 class 5 hours a week, and 8 regular kindergarten classes 2 hours each per week, prep hours included. Approx. 25 students per class, teaching English through phonics, song and art. 4 and a half day week-half day on Friday. Full curriculum and weekly plans, end of semester bonus.
2. Joy School- English Program EP1 and The Language Young Learners (20hrs contact time +16 hours prep) 8-5 January 2013 – April 2013
Teaching one English Program class 10 hours a week. Teaching English Math and Science Approximately 25 students per class. Four and a half day week-half day on Monday. Full curriculum and weekly plans, end of semester bonus.
3. The Language –Young learners and Adult Private classes. Monday to Friday. (20hrs contact time +16 hrs prep)
Week day- 2 Young learner classes Monday to Friday (total 5 hours per week per class) Full curriculum, lesson plans and resources provided. Adult private classes can vary between groups of parents practicing conversation, professionals working towards an English proficiency test or specialized courses in reading and writing.
** The Language classes are small classes of a max. of 16 students and students are placed by their English ability level.
*** Joy school is our Partner school. A private Bilingual school with class sizes of between 25-30.
• Full Time Contract Duration: December 2012 – March 2013
• Four and half day working week
• 25,000B during the probationary Course (Based on 20hrs contact time) 28,000B Basic Salary (Based on 20hrs contact time)
• (10,000 baht) Semester Performance Bonus * End of Sep. & Mar. for a full term
• (7,500B Semester Bonus) for a full term • Free Furnished Accommodation or housing allowance
• paid holiday (to be taken in April)
• *10 days sick leave
All Public Holidays paid
• Overtime paid at 300B per hour when over 20 teaching hours
• All one year permits and visas paid
**** (Subject to change for teachers starting later than May)
* Salary: 28,000B
* Completion Bonus: 7,500B (for a full term)
* Semester Performance Bonus: 10,000B (for a full term)
* Holiday pay: 6,363B
Leaving salary total: 51,863B
- Two week training program
- Monthly workshops
- Professional Development
- Airport pick-up service
- Teacher Welfare Service
- Bi-Monthly meal or activity
- Semester Team Outings
- Ten hour Thai course
**** (Calculated for a 5 month contract)