ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Native ESL Teachers Needed in University of Jinan, Shandong Province, P. R. China
Date 2012-11-26 13:11:27 Location : Asia:China
(February 27, 2013 to July 15, 2013)
University of Jinan, which is located in the city of Jinan, capital of Shandong Province, hometown of Confucius’s, is in need of five native ESL teachers in the coming September.
I. Qualifications required:
1. Native language speaker with excellent oral and written skill;
2. Bachelor’s degree or above;
3. No criminal record;
4. Friendly, compatible, high communication ability, and strong sense of team spirit;
5. two years’ teaching experience or more preferred;
6. Sound physical and mental health;
7ďĽŽNo bad habit, such as alcohol abuse or drug abuse.
8. 25-60 years old.
II. Application materials:
1. Application letter for teaching at University of Jinan;
2. Copy of passport, the page with your photo and personal information;
3. Copy of certificate with the highest degree;
4. Copy of certificate of special skills such as TESL or TESOL Certificate preferred;
5. Two recommendation letters;
6. Updated CV with e-mail address, post address, phone number, working and education background in detail (with exactly months) etc.
7. A digital picture, same size as on your passport.
III. Benefits for qualified teachers:
1. Monthly salary: CNY 4700-5200 for bachelors, CNY 5000-5700 for masters and negotiable salaries for Ph. Ds. There are variations based upon teaching qualifications and performances.
No more than 16 teaching hours (about 14 hours) a week at daytime. You will have class once or twice a week on another campus, which will take 30 minutes by free school bus. Teaching hours beyond 16 will be extra paid by CNY 100 each before tax.
2. Free round trip airfare (economic class with most direct route from your home city to Jinan) for one academic year contract and one way ticket for one semester contract. Picking up teachers at Jinan Airport.
3. Travel allowance: CNY 2200 for one academic year and CNY1100 for one semester contract
4. One FREE furnished on-campus apartment with three bedrooms, a sitting room, a kitchen, a bathroom, a TV, a telephone, a drinking water dispenser, an air-conditioner, a washing machine, and basic cooking utensils are provided. Costs for water, electricity, heating and campus internet will be taken by university, not including costs of board, drinking water, telephone bill, broad band internet where campus internet is available.
5. Paid winter vacation of 3-4 weeks and Chinese legal holidays.
6. Same medical care enjoyed as UJN staff. (see a doctor in the campus hospital), not including the expenses in registration, doctors’ home visits, fitting false teeth, cleaning teeth, undergoing cosmetic surgery, buying spectacles, seeing a doctor outside the university, boarding in hospital and taking non-medical tonics.
7. Arranging work permit, Z-visa and residence permit.
IV. Teaching information:
1. Courses: Freshmen and sophomore speaking and listening courses; sophomore and junior writing courses; sophomore culture or literature courses.
2. Teaching Time: No more than 16 teaching hours (about 14 hours) a week at daytime. You will have class once or twice a week on another campus, which will take 30 minutes by school bus. Teaching hours beyond 16 will be extra paid by CNY 100 each before tax.
3. Class and Student: speakingďĽŚlistening and writing courses: 30-40 students every class.
(1) Making good preparation for every class and make attendance record of the students. Give examination to students and re-examinations to those who didn’t pass the exam and hand in the mark reports to the school dean on time. Accept the supervision and evaluation related to teaching.
(2) Following up the work system of the university and obeying the teaching schedule and work arrangement. Without School permission, changing, canceling or missing class absolutely prohibited.
(3) Assessments of the course may include attendance, in-class performance, papers and final exams.
V. Volunteer Activities:
Giving lectures as required, taking part in language corner or other activities arranged by school aimed at inspiring students’ learning interest.