ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teacher Development Mentors required URGENTLY for a Teacher development project
Date 2012-12-01 20:12:11 Location : Southeast Asia
Start Date: IMMEDIATE
We are recruiting for Teacher Development Mentors to be part of a teacher development project in Borneo, Malaysia. This project began in January 2011 and aims to provide a sustainable development and support system for Malaysian primary teachers of English in East Malaysia. We are looking to recruit independent, flexible and self-motivated teacher mentors to be part of this exciting opportunity. This role will suit independently minded individuals looking to make a difference in a unique working context and location.
Main Duties Include:
• Communicate subject knowledge of teaching methodology effectively and appropriately.
• Prepare training activities that meet the programme objectives.
• Plan, control and facilitate interaction that takes into account the different needs, abilities and cultures of the teachers in an appropriate manner.
• Employ evaluation and assessment tools, and evaluate the teacher’s needs, suggesting appropriate tools and strategies that will help them develop and achieve their objectives.
Essential Criteria: To apply for the positions you MUST meet the client’s following requirements:
• Candidates will have high proficiency English speaking abilities equivalent to at least IELTS Band 8/9
• Undergraduate degree
• CELTA/Trinity certTESOL (please note we cannot accept other EFL qualifications)
• 2 years post-qualification relevant (teacher/training) experience including 500+ hours of ELT experience with Primary-aged learners (6-12yrs) from a recognised educational institution.
• You must be between the ages of 27-63 (Malaysian law requirement out of our control)
• Monthly Salary from 7,695 – 9,996 RM (Malaysian Ringgits) per month depending on qualifications and experience. Salary is paid locally in RM to a local bank account.
• Generous baggage allowance.
• 35 days paid leave plus public holidays
• Medical insurance provided
• ‘Settling-in’ allowance of up to 2 weeks’ salary, and up to 2 week’s hotel accommodation plus up to 2 weeks’ subsistence.
• Pension scheme
• Flights provided