English Teachers Needed
Date 2012-12-04 02:12:03 Location : Asia:China
The city of Xi''an is located in central China and has a history that dates back over 3,000 years. Xi''an was the seat of power for many ancient Chinese emperors and served as the capital of China during five of the most important dynasties, over a period of more than a thousand years. Ancient Xi''an was famous for being the terminus of the Silk Road and a major trade hub connecting China, Europe, and the Middle East. Xi''an is known for its many historical sites, the most famous being the Mausoleum of China''s first emperor, Qin Shi Huang, and his Terracotta Warriors.
Modern day Xi''an is a growing metropolis with a unique feel and a vibrant nightlife. While the increasing availability of western products, food, and companies is a testament to Xian''s recent development, the cities location away from the hustle and bustle of China''s coastal region inspires a more laid back feeling and it is clearly a city that values its unique place in China''s history. Living in Xi''an is an up close look at a city that strives to balance its rapid growth and development while maintaining its rich historical and cultural identity.
As a teacher with the Xi''an WalaWala English School you will use our professionally developed curriculum to teach your lessons. Our system and its accompanying teaching materials are time tested and proven effective at improving students'' reading, writing, grammar, and phonics, with a special emphasis on oral English skills.
Our goal is to create an environment where motivated, hardworking, and professional teachers can pass on the gift of the English language to students who are eager to learn. For this reason we:
1. Limit the number of students per class to 12, thus allowing our teachers to get to know their students on a personal basis.
2. Always have at least one BILINGUAL ASSISTANT teacher in the classroom to help with translating and class control.
3. Provide complete LESSON PLANS that the teacher can use as a guideline when teaching their classes.
4. Provide CONCURRENT TEACHING HOURS, so there is no waiting around between classes.
5. Provide accommodation within EASY TRAVELLING DISTANCE of the school so that teachers are not subject to Asian traffic any longer than necessary.
6. Provide HANDS-ON TRAINING so that teachers are equipped with all the skills they need to deliver the best quality classes to their students.
7. Only teach children aged 3 to 16, an age group that is inquisitive, fun to teach, and at a critical age in their development that offers teachers the chance to have a real impact on students'' lives.
What we offer:
1. Very competitive compensation including a housing allowance
2. Contract completion bonus
3. Free fully-furnished modern apartment
4. Airport pick up.
5. Paid training prior to teaching.
6. Medical insurance
7. Work visa will be sponsored and paid by school
8 .Overtime teaching at the rate of RMB150 per hour
9. Free Mandarin lessons
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.