TESOL One - TESL One
Teacher of English as a Foreign Language
Date 2012-12-10 04:12:47 Location : Europe
We are looking for a HIGHLY EXPERIENCED ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER for 2013.
Start: mid January 2013 (exact date to be agreed)
End: July 2013 (exact date to be agreed)
Conditions, Working Week, etc.
- A full-time teacher receives a contract for 34 hours per week, of which an average of 27 hours correspond to actual teaching - General English, Exam English, Business English, English by Skype, mature adults, teenagers/young adults, a bit of everything usually. The remaining 7 hours are for preparation, staff meetings and so on.
- The weekly workload varies slightly (eg. 25, 27, 29, 23, 27,...) depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
- If we are unable to maintain your average weekly workload of 27 hours teaching, you may be asked to perform tasks such as testing students, creating materials, recording dialogues, etc.
- Weekend work is possible - eg. Saturday mornings - though by no means certain.
- Some classes start as early as 7.00, though most usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish late in the day eg. 20.00, 21.00 or, occasionally, 21.30. There are of course many periods of inactivity during the working day.
- Some of the lessons may be in-company, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
- The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer.
- please complete "killer questions" attachment
- EU National
- native command of English, including written English
- clean driving licence and willingness to drive
- minimum 5 years' ELT experience
- experience teaching Business English, Cambridge Exams and Young Learners
- first-class references on request
- proficient typist and IT user (MS Word, MS Excel...)
- in good health, energetic, lively, positive, happy disposition
- confident in public, good communication skills
- reliable, punctual, able to meet deadlines
- willing to adapt to our clients culture.
- wanting to learn about our Added Value Services and transmit them to our clients.
Preferable (not essential)
- basic command of Spanish
- own transport
Highly competitive for sector, commensurate with the demands of the post.Full details at interview.
- We find shared accommodation (AVERAGE monthly rent: 700 for a 3-roomed flat = 250 + bills per person).
- Possibility of renewed contract for 2013-2014.
- We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat.
- March 28th - April 7th (Easter 2013)
- May 1st (May Day)
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.