ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teaching Positions for English Teachers in Japan
Date 2012-12-11 21:12:05 Location : Asia:Japan
The experience at ALS is both rewarding and challenging. All FULL-TIME teachers teach up to a 25 (contact) hour 5-day workweek within an eight hour time period per day. Additional responsibilities include interviewing prospective students, assisting school managers, making teaching materials, completing student reports, participating in holiday events, and welcoming our students.
ALS teachers need to maintain a professional appearance & attitude, display creativity and enthusiasm in their classes, actively participate in all teacher meetings, workshops, and seminars, be flexible, and have a desire to continue to improve as a teacher and as an ALS employee.
ALS is a member of ‘Japan Association for the Promotion of Foreign Language Education’ sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of Education. ALS is also affiliated with the Narita Airport Authority in organizing airport area PR events, providing translation work, administrating English Lessons to support staff and the children of staff, evaluating (the English skills of) Air Traffic Controllers, etc. In addition, ALS maintains a strong connection with Oxford University Press & Cambridge University Press.
ALS Benefits include:
1. One year contract with full visa sponsorship.
2. 250,000 yen salary with all work related transportation fees reimbursed.
3. 5 Weeks of paid vacation and 5-6 paid holidays.
4. Single person apartment, minimally furnished, & a maximum rent of 55,000 yen.
5. Renewable contract with salary increase & contract completion bonus.
6. Transfer possibilities after completion of contract.
ALS Instructions for Applying: Please visit our website: http://www.ib-group.jp/american/english/index.html for more information.
1) your resume; 2) a cover letter; 3) a professional picture; and 4) a relaxed personal picture (tasteful) of yourself preferably standing either inside or outside and can include friends.
Interviews are conducted throughout the year by ALS's Recruiting Office. We have 1 immediate Position: 1) Asahi City in Chiba Prefecture for early February 2013; HOWEVER we are also accepting applications for positions in 2) March & May 2013 primarily in Chiba Prefecture. SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE.
1) University Degree.
2) Native English Speaker.
3) ESL / EFL teaching experience (w/ children) and/or Japanese language ability.
4) CELTA / TESL / TEFL Certificates favorable, but not necessary.