ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
ESL Jobs in China - York Fuzhou
Date 2012-12-12 02:12:04 Location : Asia:China
Established in 2002, our purpose built 5 storey building, on the lake side of Xihu park in the centre of Fuzhou, accommodates over 1000 students and a tight-knit team of 14 foreign teachers. We have 12 classrooms, a fully equipped teacher’s office, interview rooms and a library / reception area. Due to continued success we have recently opened a brand new school with modern facilities and cutting edge teaching resources.
We offer courses to students of all ages, with the majority being young learners from 7 to 14 years old. We are constantly developing and refining our curriculum, to tailor it to the specific needs of Chinese learners. We will never resort to ‘cramming’. Learning a language is not an overnight process and cramming vocabulary is no substitute for authentic use of language.
Fuzhou – The city
Fujian Province is a sub-tropical area in the southeast of China. The capital city, Fuzhou, is equidistant from both Shanghai and Hong Kong, making it a pivotal point in many large Chinese businesses. Fuzhou is warm all year round. There are countless temples, the most important being the Taoist temple at Gu Shan (Drum Hill). It has a library which ranks as one of the most important in the Tao religion. There are a number of great attractions in the city from night markets and modern shopping centers to fantastic restaurants with some of the best food in China.
• Maximum of 24 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes and conversation clubs
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 6,500 – 7,500RMB per month depending on qualifications & experience
• Free accommodation – Western style, near the school
• Flight allowance – 1,200 US Dollars
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy