ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
College Reading Instructor
Date 2012-12-12 03:12:49 Location : North America
Employment Level:Tenured, tenure track
Salary: Not specified
College Reading Instructor - Fall 2013
This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin 02/01/2013. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by 01/31/2013.
Teach classes in College Reading, including transfer and non-transfer levels. Develop curriculum and align courses to meet student needs and college objectives. Perform course assessment as well as assist in program and institutional level assessment, and improve student learning based on results of assessment data.
• Master's Degree in Reading, OR Masters in Education with reading specialty, OR Masters in English, ESL, or Linguistics with at least 18 credits in the teaching of reading. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
• One year teaching experience at high school and/or college level.
• Experience in teaching Reading courses at the community college level or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated ability in curriculum development using student learning outcomes and student-centered learning.
• Successful experience with assessment of student outcomes and program evaluation.
• Experience in working with diverse student populations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively as well as function independently and as a member of a team.
Required documents (Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts) must be attached directly to the ONLINE application. If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ONLINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email email@example.com or fax to 702.651.5778
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
For more details on this position, please visit our website at http://jobs.csn.edu
College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community.
CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADA.