ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teaching Jobs in China - EF Xiaoshan
Date 2012-12-13 02:12:04 Location : Asia:China
EF English First, Xiaoshan is looking for bright, motivated and experienced English teachers to join its teaching team. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to move their teaching career forward with a well established company.
We opened our first school in 2003. We have a school for adults and children, a school for children & teenagers, a Smart School for adults, and a CLT school for corporate clients. Right now EF Xiaoshan is composed of nine foreign teachers, three local teachers and six school administrators. We pride ourselves on the high standards at our school.
All students are given a personal placement test by our foreign teachers to assess prospective students’ English ability and place them in the correct school and class. Teachers will be teaching a majority of young learner class (aged 4 to 17) as well as some adult classes (aged 17+).
English First, Xiaoshan provides teachers with the ideal environment to develop professionally. Our centers are designed to offer ample of support both academically and through pastoral care creating an ideal atmosphere to work and live.
Our schools boast up to date teaching materials and resources, including computers in the classrooms and modern ‘Lifeclub’ lounges which allow for a truly varied and engaging teaching process to be delivered.
Xiaoshan – The city
Xiaoshan was formerly a city of its own, located in the older parts of Hangzhou. In the recent year it has been absorbed by its larger neighborhood and made into an administrative district of Hangzhou. The Xiaoshan Airport is located about 20 miles away from the city center of Hangzhou. Xiaoshan is situated in the Northern Asian tropical area, its average temperature is 16.1 degrees Celsius. Since it is located close to rivers and the ocean, water transportation is very convenient and popular. One of the most popular sites is “West Lake,” it is a place where people can take a whole day wandering the edges of the lake and even take ferry boats to the islands. Xiaoshan is about 20 minutes south of Hangzhou city center.
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 6,000 RMB per month
• Free accommodation: Western style, near the school
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB
• A visa that will allow you to travel in China after the course is over
• Health insurance
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Plenty of passion and energy
• Experience teaching young learners