ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
GREAT ACADEMIC MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY
Date 2012-12-29 03:12:16 Location : Southeast Asia
Apollo English is looking for candidates for the Academic Manager role, running the EFL program at one of our centers in Vietnam.
Established in 1994, Apollo English operates in 8 centers across 4 cities in Vietnam. We offer a wide range of classes teaching general, business and exam preparation English to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients. We also run CELTA programs and public teacher-training courses for Vietnamese teachers.
The successful candidate will preferably have a strong background in both EFL and management. The Academic Manager oversees all aspects of the EFL program, working with the academic team nationwide and the Centre Manager. They are responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining a high standard of teaching with regular observations and teacher development. Excellent administrative, communication, IT, and organizational skills are essential. A DELTA or equivalent is preferred, as is previous experience in a management post.
Ongoing professional development
An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
Gain experience in a wide variety of courses and levels
The opportunity to develop and grow within the organisation
Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Planning; Efficient and high quality implementation of strategic EFL plan for the centre - Performance and development of EFL staff (senior staff, teachers, administrative staff, and teaching assistants)
- Budget management
- Evaluation and reporting
- Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
- Identifying opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to the centre
- Organizing and giving workshops and training for teachers
- Monitoring teachers and giving feedback
- Teaching English classes
- Native English speaker
- BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements )
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- At least 3 years post qualification experience
- Proven people skills and management experience
- Previous training and mentoring experience preferred
- DELTA/Trinity Diploma preferred
- Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country preferred
- Salary: Competitive salary with satisfactory contract completion bonus
- Medical insurance allowance
- Flight allowance
- 20 (twenty) working days paid annual leave + 10 (ten) national holidays paid per year.
- Visa and work permit costs covered