GREAT ACADEMIC MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY
Date 2012-12-29 03:12:16 Location : Southeast Asia
A great opportunity in EFL management in a fascinating and vibrant country.
Apollo English is looking for candidates for the Academic Manager role, running the EFL program at one of our centers in Vietnam.
Established in 1994, Apollo English operates in 8 centers across 4 cities in Vietnam. We offer a wide range of classes teaching general, business and exam preparation English to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients. We also run CELTA programs and public teacher-training courses for Vietnamese teachers.
The successful candidate will preferably have a strong background in both EFL and management. The Academic Manager oversees all aspects of the EFL program, working with the academic team nationwide and the Centre Manager. They are responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining a high standard of teaching with regular observations and teacher development. Excellent administrative, communication, IT, and organizational skills are essential. A DELTA or equivalent is preferred, as is previous experience in a management post.
Ongoing professional development
An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
Gain experience in a wide variety of courses and levels
The opportunity to develop and grow within the organisation
Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Planning; Efficient and high quality implementation of strategic EFL plan for the centre - Performance and development of EFL staff (senior staff, teachers, administrative staff, and teaching assistants)
- Budget management
- Evaluation and reporting
- Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
- Identifying opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to the centre
- Organizing and giving workshops and training for teachers
- Monitoring teachers and giving feedback
- Teaching English classes
- Native English speaker
- BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements )
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- At least 3 years post qualification experience
- Proven people skills and management experience
- Previous training and mentoring experience preferred
- DELTA/Trinity Diploma preferred
- Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country preferred
- Salary: Competitive salary with satisfactory contract completion bonus
- Medical insurance allowance
- Flight allowance
- 20 (twenty) working days paid annual leave + 10 (ten) national holidays paid per year.
- Visa and work permit costs covered
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.