English Teachers Needed in Jakarta, Indonesia
Date 2013-01-03 03:01:31 Location : Southeast Asia
Wall Street Institute is one of the world's most successful private English language schools and currently operates in 28 countries with over 450 centers. With just 5 years in business in Jakarta, WSI's success has been phenomenal now over 8,500 students.
WSI's students are mostly in their late teens, twenties or thirties, and are a blend of university students, office workers, high school students, housewives, and even celebrities. They are generally well-read and well-traveled, making them great conversationalists.
Wall Street Institute is owned by Pearson, the largest and most successful education company in the world. In addition, WSI Indonesia has won 3 global awards for giving the best service out of 28 WSI countries worldwide.
Why teach at Wall Street Institute?
* The salary starts at 15,000,000 rupiah per month
* Teachers receive a year-end bonus worth one month's salary
* Teachers who renew their contract are given an additional $800
* Incoming airfare is reimbursed up to $1,000
* 1 month of vacation time: 16 days of annual leave and roughly 15 national paid holidays
* 100% of visa and work permit costs are covered
* Medical insurance is provided for both out- and in-patient care
* The average classroom size is 1:3
* We have high standards for recruiting staff, both locals and ex-pats, so you are guaranteed to be working with great colleagues
* We have internet for teachers and free flow of coffee
* Ample opportunity for professional growth and promotion, including managerial opportunities opening up due to our expansion plans over the next 5 years
* Housing is not provided but we'll help you get situated
* 25-hour Teacher Excellency Training is provided
* Private airport pickup and transportation upon arrival
* Teachers are put up in a hotel for up to 5 days fully paid
* A staff buddy will assist teachers in finding accommodation and setting up a bank account
* $200 spending money is given on arrival
* Professional Indonesian course for basic language skills is provided
* Bachelors degree or above specifically majoring in English, Linguistics, Education in English or MA TESOL (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* TEFL certified (CELTA/Trinity preferred)
* Native language English speaker with passport from the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Be able to obtain a health certificate stating you are healthy in body/mind and free of HIV/AIDS (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Passionate about both teaching and life; friendly and outgoing
* Professionally dressed and well-groomed
Please note that only candidates who meet the above requirements and provide an adequate cover letter will be contacted.
Due to the large volume of applicants, kindly do not attach any additional files. Later in the recruitment process we will request CELTA/Trinity/TEFL certificates, college diplomas/transcripts, professional references, and other documentation if we choose to move forward with an application.
Thank you for your interest in joining The Wall Street Institute Indonesia we look forward to hearing from you!
A special note for those thinking of coming to Indonesia: It's a country made up of 17,000 islands and has something for any person looking for a new adventure. With hundreds of volcanoes, large jungles, enough beaches to explore for a lifetime, the best diving in the world and people of incredible generosity and kindness - it's the place to be!
In terms of Jakarta, its one of the cheapest as well as safest places to live in Asia. There is an abundance of exotic fresh fruit at every market, year-round. Thai, Japanese, Korean and of course Indonesian dishes are easily found. If you like to be pampered there are well-priced spa treatments, luxury hotels and movie theaters with beds while for party-goers some of the best nightlife in Asia is in Jakarta and big name concerts regularly pass through. There are international fast food joints for those who need a fix while if you want to stay in shape, there are dozens of international gyms around the city.
It's all very affordable. It's absolutely safe. It's truly incredible. Imagine Its Indonesia!
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.