ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Primary and Secondary Teachers Needed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Date 2013-01-15 06:01:55 Location : Southeast Asia
All the students, who are mainly Cambodian, Chinese and Malay are ESL as English is their 2nd or 3rd language.Therefore an understanding of the challenges facing ESL students in an international classroom is essential.Khmer and Mandarin are also on the curriculum.
Please state the academic subjects you can offer as well as ESL e.g. Maths,Geography etc and at which level- ie Primary or Secondary.
Candidates should be committed to helping children to achieve their absolute best as part of a team and a willingness to contribute to the busy extra-curricular life of our school. A new building opens in 2013 with swimming pool and sports facilities.
Leadership and/or coordinator roles may be available for teachers with the relevant experience and enthusiasm to take on additional responsibilities.
We wish to recruit teachers who :
- Are UK /USA /Australian/NZ/Canadian/S.African/Irish trained or have relevant international curriculum experience.
- BA / BSc / BEd / CELTA / DELTA / or Masters Degree are required.
- Can promote a well organized and stimulating learning environment.
- Can offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students.
-Have good interpersonal skills and work well in teams.
-Possess strong IT skills and an interest in embedding ICT into daily classroom experience.
-Are reflective and seek to develop their classroom practice.
- Possess a strong commitment to effective planning and assessment
- Understand the value of consistent application of school policies.
We offer :
- An excellent $USD salary and End of Year Bonus
- 1 year contract - renewable by mutual agreement
- Housing provided / shared or single - depending on family circumstances
- Air tickets at beginning and end of contract
- International Private Medical cover
- Responsibility allowances in key areas for suitable applicants
- Full school scholarships covering tuition costs of staff children attending GIS
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development in Singapore
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
- The chance to live in a culturally diverse society with a very rich history and great opportunities for travel within Asia
- Free Khmer lessons
- Teaching couples are encouraged to apply.
-Experience of Cambridge exams - Young Learners, KET,PET,FCE,CAE and IELTS would be an advantage.