TESOL One - TESL One
Primary and Secondary Teachers Needed in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Date 2013-01-15 06:01:55 Location : Southeast Asia
Due to continued expansion, GIS, Cambodia, is seeking to appoint experienced, creative and dynamic teachers of the highest quality to our Primary and Secondary departments in the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh.
All the students, who are mainly Cambodian, Chinese and Malay are ESL as English is their 2nd or 3rd language.Therefore an understanding of the challenges facing ESL students in an international classroom is essential.Khmer and Mandarin are also on the curriculum.
Please state the academic subjects you can offer as well as ESL e.g. Maths,Geography etc and at which level- ie Primary or Secondary.
Candidates should be committed to helping children to achieve their absolute best as part of a team and a willingness to contribute to the busy extra-curricular life of our school. A new building opens in 2013 with swimming pool and sports facilities.
Leadership and/or coordinator roles may be available for teachers with the relevant experience and enthusiasm to take on additional responsibilities.
We wish to recruit teachers who :
- Are UK /USA /Australian/NZ/Canadian/S.African/Irish trained or have relevant international curriculum experience.
- BA / BSc / BEd / CELTA / DELTA / or Masters Degree are required.
- Can promote a well organized and stimulating learning environment.
- Can offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students.
-Have good interpersonal skills and work well in teams.
-Possess strong IT skills and an interest in embedding ICT into daily classroom experience.
-Are reflective and seek to develop their classroom practice.
- Possess a strong commitment to effective planning and assessment
- Understand the value of consistent application of school policies.
We offer :
- An excellent $USD salary and End of Year Bonus
- 1 year contract - renewable by mutual agreement
- Housing provided / shared or single - depending on family circumstances
- Air tickets at beginning and end of contract
- International Private Medical cover
- Responsibility allowances in key areas for suitable applicants
- Full school scholarships covering tuition costs of staff children attending GIS
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development in Singapore
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
- The chance to live in a culturally diverse society with a very rich history and great opportunities for travel within Asia
- Free Khmer lessons
- Teaching couples are encouraged to apply.
-Experience of Cambridge exams - Young Learners, KET,PET,FCE,CAE and IELTS would be an advantage.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.