ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Associate Professor faculty positions – Faculty of Communication
Date 2013-01-15 06:01:20 Location : Asia:Japan
The Nagoya University of Commerce and Business (NUCB) seeks applicants for Assistant/Associate Professor positions in the Faculty of Communication.
Founded in 1953, Nagoya University of Commerce and Business is situated on an exceptionally beautiful campus in the most economically productive region of Japan: Nagoya. One of the leading business schools in Japan, NUCB consistently receives high academic rankings and is strongly committed to global standards for excellence in scholarship and research. It is also the only business school in Japan to be accredited by both AACSB International and AMBA. NUCB comprises of some 3000 students and 100 teaching staff.
We invite motivated and academically distinguished linguistic scholars and language instructors to join us in achieving our ambitious goals of our faculty. We are seeking to fill 2 positions for the 2013/2014 academic year starting in April or September 2013.
Appointments may be made at Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level depending on experience and qualifications.
• April 1st 2013
Duties & responsibilities:
• Teaching responsibilities: 7 classes of 100 minutes per week, focusing on English language and cross-cultural communication with the aim of increasing student TOEFL/TOEIC scores.
• Non-teaching responsibilities: maintain office hours, provide additional support to students, conduct and publish research, and participate in all official university functions.
• Two-year contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience (contract renewal to be considered after two years).
• Holiday in line with normal Japanese university conventions and NUCB policy.
• Excellent benefits package including private health insurance.
• The opportunity to apply for one (non-teaching) research day per week.
Please gather the following application materials:
1. Curriculum vitae including passport-type photo.
2. List of academic and other publications.
3. One letter of recommendation from current/previous academic supervisor/employer.
4. Proof of degree qualifications, certificates etc.
5. Statement of teaching and research goals (300 words, in English)
To apply for this position, please assemble all the application materials detailed above in electronic form, and email them to email@example.com
Applicants who pass initial screening will be contacted immediately upon receipt and invited for an interview either in person if they are Japan-based, or by Skype if based overseas.
Application Deadline: February 28th 2013 (early applications will be treated preferentially)
NOTES: 2 openings.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive, in line with university remuneration policy.
1. A doctorate degree in applied linguistics or cross-cultural communication combined with experience of teaching at a higher educational institution.
2. Native English proficiency or near-native fluency in English.
In addition to the minimum requirements stated above, the following qualities are desirable:
1. Experience of curriculum development and AOL.
2. Experience of living and working in a cultural environment that may be different from their own.
3. Basic Japanese language ability is a bonus but not essential.