ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Work for Disney!
Date 2013-01-16 02:01:00 Location : Asia:China
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney, and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling, breakthrough language learning methodology and innovative technology to inspire learners’ passion for English. Since the opening of our flagship Center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the gift of English with thousands of children across China. By providing an award-winning academic curriculum and engaging children with their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters; Disney English creates a fun, lively, and highly effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English allows you to make a difference in the lives of children, all while receiving ongoing professional development and gaining valuable experience within The Walt Disney Company. The role of Foreign Trainer could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your talent, creativity and unique experience, and discover why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Foreign Trainers are responsible for providing a highly engaging and effective learning experience to learners aged 2-12 through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content. The Foreign Trainer is responsible for ensuring measurable academic results in a fun and lively learning environment, delivering an outstanding service experience to learners and parents, and collaborating closely with their Assistant Trainer.
· Deliver curriculum with energy and enthusiasm, using immersive learning techniques such as story-telling, singing, dialogue and role playing in combination with formal exercises
· Communicate with learners in an engaging, age-appropriate way, ensuring that language learning is both effective and fun
· Measure progress and educational results through the delivery of formal and informal assessments and progress reports
· Collect audio & visual portfolio material of learners’ work and progress during lessons to share with parents
· Partner closely with Assistant Trainers to maintain strong relationships with parents, ensuring high level of program engagement and outstanding service, by communicating both in person and through our online portal
· Contribute to Center’s success by leading engaging demonstrations of Disney English lessons for potential learners and their parents
· Participate in various marketing and referral events to drive learner enrollment as needed
· Ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end, as scheduled
· Prepare print materials, technology and supplemental materials prior to the start of each lesson
· Deliver private lessons as required, due to learner absences or for learners that are falling behind
· Contribute to overall Center success by ensuring consistently high learner renewal rates, through the delivery of great service and measurable learner progress
· 24 months of post-bachelor’s education experience
· English language fluency including but not limited to: proper grammar, sentence structure, word tense, subject-verb agreement, and proper use of adjectives and adverbs
· Demonstration of a neutral accent, clear pronunciation, good intonation and English language rhythm
· A passion for educating young learners and a keen interest in their development
· Ability to command the attention of large groups of children in an engaging and compelling manner
· Energetic, enthusiastic, animated approach to storytelling and delivering content to learners
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-change work environment
· Professionalism in oral and written communications
· Customer-service oriented with creative problem solving skills
· Ability to relocate to China for a 12 to 15-month contract
· Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification
· Experience traveling internationally and/or working abroad
· Familiarity/affinity with the Disney brand
· Required Education
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Compensation and Benefits:
· 10,000 – 11,000 RMB monthly salary
· 3,000 – 4,350 RMB monthly housing allowance
· 7,000 RMB Training Bonus
· Eligibility for additional quarterly incentive based upon overall Center performance
· TEFL-C Certification
· Health and Dental Insurance (Chinese based insurance company)
· Minimum 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours) including evening and weekends
· Paid sick and vacation time, plus 11 Chinese national holidays
· 3 weeks hotel accommodation upon arrival in China
· Robust Academic Training
· Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip
· Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
· Silver Pass (limited Walt Disney theme parks admission pass)
· Disney discount
*Benefits subject to change.