ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
ESL Jobs in Beijing
Date 2013-01-16 02:01:31 Location : Asia:China
-Teach young learners aged 2-12 years old
-Positions in Beijing and other major cities in China
-Teaching assistants and lesson plans provided
-Positions for new and experienced teachers
-Excellent monthly package worth 12-18,000 RMB (details below)
Our school is now holding interviews for young learner English teachers to join our teaching team in Beijing. We are a leading language school offering fun, engaging and effective English classes to young learner students. Whether you are a new or experienced teacher, if you have the ability to inspire children to learn and take pride in seeing your students develop, we would like to hear from you.
We have established 8 language centers in the capital city of Beijing and 18 centers in other major cities across China with plans for new schools soon. We employ over 100 English teachers, offering a supportive environment, excellent teaching materials, the latest in education technology and the chance for real career progression.
Our students are aged from 2 to 12 years old so teachers have the opportunity to teach a range of ages and abilities. Local teaching assistants are provided and lesson plans are all written so you can focus on teaching your classes. We use the communicative style of teaching, encouraging students to use English in a natural way and make use of flashcards, songs, drama, projects, group work and videos to enrich the learning experience.
Class sizes are kept small to a maximum of 16 students per class. Computers and interactive white boards are installed in the classrooms giving teachers a new dimension to how they teach and an exciting way to engage students.
Courses are structured around the highly regarded McGraw-Hill textbooks. While the focus is on teaching the English language, teachers also get the opportunity to teach some Math, Science, and Social Studies classes based on the American primary school system. You do not need an advanced knowledge of these subjects as they are geared towards young learners.
Beijing – The City
Teach English in Beijing and immerse yourself in the traditions of ancient China while also being a part of the exciting changes of a city on the cutting edge of modern culture. Beijing continues to be an exciting place for all things music, fashion and art with plenty of events and shows to attend. There is a thriving expat community in Beijing, with the Sanlitun area being a popular destination for both expats and trendy locals to mix and mingle over drinks.
· Native English speaker from USA or Canada
· Bachelor’s degree
· TEFL certificate (preferred but not required)
· Previous language teaching experience (preferred but not required)
· Energetic, open minded with a desire to work with children
· Maximum 25 hours teaching per week
· Up to 15 hours admin duties per week
· Deliver engaging, effective, learner-centered lessons to students aged 2-12 years old
· Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
· Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
· Attend center activities, parties, open houses and other events
Total monthly package worth 12-18,000 RMB which breaks down as follows:
· Excellent base salary: 9,000 – 13,000 RMB per month (depending on experience and qualifications )
· PLUS an additional 2,000 – 8,000 RMB per month depending on hours taught
· Flight allowance: 7,000 RMB (paid on contract completion)
· Paid holidays (Public holidays + Christmas and New Year’s Day)
· Company health insurance provided
· Contract completion bonus: 6,000 RMB
· Hotel accommodation provided free for 15 days on arrival
· Visa documents provided
· Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
· Training course provided on arrival and on-going development
· Up to 8,000 RMB advance on your salary, interest free
· Second year salary increase of 12,000 RMB / annum
· Career development opportunities: teacher training, management, recruitment, marketing, multi-media design and curriculum development