ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach English in Hangzhou, China and earn your Masters Degree
Date 2013-02-03 03:02:44 Location : Asia:China
Program Name: Master of Arts in International Studies (MAIS) with Concordia University Irvine (fully accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education, International Development.
Cities to be placed in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming, and their nearby cities
How does the program work?
(1) Program starts once a year with one intensive summer at Irvine, southern California campus;
(2) Fall, Spring and the next summer semesters in China (teaching, studying, researching, traveling and more).
(3) Expected time to complete the program with M.A. degree: 12-18 months.
Program at a glance:
* Academic degree program (MA degree) with Concordia University Irvine
* Concurrent China employment with full benefits (teaching English or teaching a subject of your strength in English)
* Cities to work at in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming and other cities
* Three concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education and International Development
* Accelerated program: 12-18 months to complete
* One summer semester on US campus, with the rest of the semesters in China
* Supervision and support from our representative office in China
* TESOL certificate awarded before going to China
* No prior Mandarin language skills required (proficient Mandarin-speaking applicants will benefit by opting out of the Mandarin course, though)
* Cohort-based program that starts every June
* Networking opportunities and more
* Field thesis research in China
* No GRE/GMAT required
* Military veterans are welcome to apply, too. Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution with B. A. H. included for both the on-campus summer semester and your Fall and Spring semesters in China.
China Employment Benefits:
Monthly salary (amount is dependent upon qualifications and placement)
Housing or housing allowance
Legal work visa in China
Reimbursement of round economy class air ticket (China-US)
Hold a bachelors degree before cohort start in June, 2013;
Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
Are native English speakers or equivalent
Has clear background for teaching/ interacting with students
Desire to teach in a new cultural settings
Are prepared to learn, serve, and lead
Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
With the MA degree in hand, MAIS alumni are currently engaged in:
Doctoral/advanced professional studies
US Foreign Service
Corporate & Workplace Training
Global Marketing & Consulting
Multinational Import& Export