Teach English in Hangzhou, China and earn your Masters Degree
Date 2013-02-03 03:02:44 Location : Asia:China
Teach English in Hangzhou, China and earn your Master's Degree with Concordia University
Program Name: Master of Arts in International Studies (MAIS) with Concordia University Irvine (fully accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education, International Development.
Cities to be placed in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming, and their nearby cities
How does the program work?
(1) Program starts once a year with one intensive summer at Irvine, southern California campus;
(2) Fall, Spring and the next summer semesters in China (teaching, studying, researching, traveling and more).
(3) Expected time to complete the program with M.A. degree: 12-18 months.
Program at a glance:
* Academic degree program (MA degree) with Concordia University Irvine
* Concurrent China employment with full benefits (teaching English or teaching a subject of your strength in English)
* Cities to work at in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming and other cities
* Three concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education and International Development
* Accelerated program: 12-18 months to complete
* One summer semester on US campus, with the rest of the semesters in China
* Supervision and support from our representative office in China
* TESOL certificate awarded before going to China
* No prior Mandarin language skills required (proficient Mandarin-speaking applicants will benefit by opting out of the Mandarin course, though)
* Cohort-based program that starts every June
* Networking opportunities and more
* Field thesis research in China
* No GRE/GMAT required
* Military veterans are welcome to apply, too. Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution with B. A. H. included for both the on-campus summer semester and your Fall and Spring semesters in China.
China Employment Benefits:
Monthly salary (amount is dependent upon qualifications and placement)
Housing or housing allowance
Legal work visa in China
Reimbursement of round economy class air ticket (China-US)
Hold a bachelors degree before cohort start in June, 2013;
Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
Are native English speakers or equivalent
Has clear background for teaching/ interacting with students
Desire to teach in a new cultural settings
Are prepared to learn, serve, and lead
Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
With the MA degree in hand, MAIS alumni are currently engaged in:
Doctoral/advanced professional studies
US Foreign Service
Corporate & Workplace Training
Global Marketing & Consulting
Multinational Import& Export
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.