ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Full and Part time Lecturers for UWM ESL programs
Date 2013-02-05 01:02:15 Location : North America
ESL Programs include the Intensive English Program, ESL Writing courses for university credit and ESL services for international Teaching Assistants (ITAs). See www.esl.uwm.edu for program information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Teaching and related duties may include the following:
ESL Writing Courses for credit: Teach up to 12 contact hours per week.
ESL Intensive English Program (IEP): Teacher up to 15 contact hours per week.
Develop appropriate course curriculum and materials to achieve student learning outcomes.
· Evaluate student achievement and overall language proficiency; and provide periodic written reports and grades.
· Participate in proctoring tests and on ITA oral assessment panels.
· Plan and assist with scheduled IEP student activities.
· Serve on program committees, e.g. curriculum, assessment, policies and procedures, etc.
· Attend staff meetings and hold regular office hours.
· Engage in professional development activities.
ESL teachers are teaching academic staff, Category B. Appointments are non-tenure fixed term at the associate lecturer, lecturer or senior lecturer level according to qualifications, experience and the needs of the program. Initial appointment is for one semester, renewable.
ESL Writing Courses for credit: Full time is 12 contact hours per week (classes are 3 or 6 credits).
Intensive English Program (pre-academic): Full time is 12 contact hours per week (2 and one half classes).
See Academic Staff (http://www4.uwm.edu/hr/faculty_and_staff/unclassified/academic_staff.cfm) for policies and salary information.
Please provide the following:
1) Cover letter addressing job qualifications as related to the required and preferred qualifications and other relevant information.
2) Complete CV with information on past teaching experience.
3) Three letters of recommendation commenting on your teaching and any related activities.
4) Evidence of effective teaching, such as syllabi, observation report(s), student evaluations, presentation handouts, website, etc.
Send or email complete application packet to:
Attn: ESL Teaching Recruitment
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
P.O. Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Email: email@example.com Put “ESL Teaching Recruitment” in the subject line
Recruitment is ongoing. Initial application review will begin February 8 and continue until positions are filled.
An offer of employment will be conditional on background verification.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is an EEO/AA employer.
NOTES: 2 openings.
Additional Salary Information: Based on classification of Lecturer, Associate Lecturer or Senior Lecturer. Appointments above 1/3 time include health and retirement benefits.
1) MA in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or closely related field.
2) Experience teaching adult second language learners in an academic setting.
3) Native-like proficiency in standard spoken and written English.