ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Director of Operations
Date 2013-02-05 02:02:34 Location : North America
Duties: Leadership and management oversight for fiscal and budget management, grants and contracts administration, AEI vendor contracts, Human Resources including annual academic appointments & hiring, marketing and promotion, alumni relations, information technology, Office of Faculty Services, AEI facilities management & planning, and Student Services management (non-instructional functions).
Ensure compliance with University financial, budgetary, and internal control policies across all AEI programs; manage processes and procedures within the AEI to provide transparency with regards to University guidelines and procedures; and as required, interpret AEI, CAS, University of Oregon, OUS, State of Oregon, and US Government policies for the AEI Director, faculty and staff.
The University of Oregon is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse institution and seeks candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to its diverse community.
Additional Salary Information: DOE
· Three or more years of experience managing/leading/supervising a university business-related or operations-focused function with multiple business/functional units and unit managers.
· Demonstrated ability to create an effective management team and lead this team to planned results.
· Strong evidence of ability to set operational goals from strategic plans and lead work units in accomplishing these strategic goals and initiatives.
· Experience with the oversight of sponsored research, grants and contracts.
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage a finance and accounting function responsible for multi-million dollar annual revenue. The Assistant Director for Finance reports directly to the AEI Director of Operations. As such, the Director of Operations will have final responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of financial statements, budgets, unit financial performance statistics, payrolls, internal compliance functions, and grants/contracts administration.
· Requisite skills necessary to analyze systems, processes, and procedures, and the ability to recommend constructive changes. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and quantitative (financial, accounting and statistical) skills. Ability to work with others and create a collaborative environment. Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations in a professional manner, and to achieve consensus. Must maintain absolute confidentiality and integrity, attention to detail and accuracy in all facets of activity.
· Familiarity with FERPA and other basic laws relevant to successful oversight of AEI staff and operations.
· BA/BS – Required in Business Accounting or Finance
MBA/MS – Preferred in Business Accounting or Finance
· Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check.