ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Japan, Thailand and Vietnam
Date 2013-02-09 21:02:35 Location : Southeast Asia:Japan
Teachers of English (Japan, Thailand and Vietnam)
British Council is recruiting for highly-motivated, passionate and qualified EFL teachers to join our professional teams in Japan, Thailand and Vietnam. These positions would be especially suited to those wishing to work in a dynamic team environment and who are looking to develop professionally. As we are committed to continuing professional development, there are opportunities for teachers to participate in INSETT sessions and receive funding for a Cambridge DELTA.
These posts are contracted for two years with the exception of the posts on the Thanh Hoa Special Project (Vietnam) which are contracted for three months. The start dates for these posts will be:
• Japan: 18 March 2013 (closing date: 17 February)
• Thailand (Bangkok): 24 April 2013 (closing date: 17 February)
• Vietnam (Hanoi): 23 May 2013 (closing date: 15 February)
• Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City): 18 March 2013 (closing date: 13 February)
• Vietnam (Thanh Hoa Special Project): 7 March 2013 (closing date: 13 February)
The British Council can offer an excellent package for the right candidates including flights from the UK to post (or equivalent), baggage allowance, settling-in allowance and medical insurance where applicable. Salaries differ depending on the country and on your qualifications.
• a high proficiency in English with an undergraduate/university degree
• an internationally recognised TEFL qualification (i.e. Cambridge CELTA/DELTA or Trinity CertTESOL/Dip TESOL)
• at least two years full-time post-qualification relevant EFL teaching experience across all age groups
• specialised qualifications/experience and skills as specified in the role profile
CVs and resumes will not be accepted as formal applications.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. British Council appointments are subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks in the UK and equivalent systems overseas.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be notified.
The United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales). SC037733 (Scotland). The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989.