ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Earn you M.A. with Concurrent English Teaching Employment in Hangzhou
Date 2013-02-24 05:02:33 Location : Asia:China
This is a Master's degree program that incorporates one-year salaried English teaching positions in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming and their neighboring cities. Compensation details are shown below. For those desiring to be in Kunming (southwest part of China) will also be involved with local development projects.
MAIS Program Information:
Concordia University (Irvine)s Master of Arts in International Studies (MAIS) program is an extraordinary opportunity to cultivate academic, cultural, research, and language skills alongside practical work experience in China all in just one year. The MAIS program exemplifies Concordias mission as a Christina university, which encourages students to engage people and cultures worldwide.
After a summer of intensive courses at our Irvine campus, you head to China and immediately start living, working and studying in China. MAIS prepares you to work in China, conduct research for your Capstone Project, and negotiate living on your own in a new culture. You will concentrate in International Business, International Education or International Development, and live in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Kunming or their neighboring cities, which are among Chinas most important historical, intellectual, cultural and financial centers.
As a result, you will have unique opportunities to build personal and business relationships; globalize your professional resume with international experience and expertise; travel to ancient destinations, futuristic metropolises and cultural wonders; discover and pursue new interests, passions, and dreams.
Program at a glance:
* Academic degree program (MA degree) with Concordia University Irvine
* Concurrent China employment with full benefits (teaching English or teaching a subject of your strength in English)
* Cities to work at in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming and other cities
* Three concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education and International Development
* Accelerated program: 12-18 months to complete
* One summer semester on US campus, with the rest of the semesters in China
* Supervision and support from our representative office in China
* TESOL certificate awarded before going to China
* No prior Mandarin language skills required (proficient Mandarin-speaking applicants will benefit by opting out of the Mandarin course, though)
* Cohort-based program that starts every June
* Networking opportunities and more
* Field thesis research in China
* No GRE/GMAT required
China Employment Benefits:
Monthly salary (amount is dependent upon qualifications and placement)
Housing or housing allowance
Legal work visa in China
Reimbursement of round economy class air ticket (China-US)
Hold a bachelors degree before cohort start in June, 2013;
Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
Are native English speakers or equivalent
Background clearance by FBI or equivalent for teaching/ interacting with students
Desire to teach in a new cultural settings
Are prepared to learn, serve, and lead
Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
Military veterans are welcome to apply, too. Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution with B. A. H. included.
With the MA degree in hand, MAIS alumni are currently engaged in:
Doctoral/advanced professional studies
US Foreign Service
Corporate & Workplace Training
Global Marketing & Consulting
Multinational Import& Export