ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Date 2013-02-28 02:02:00 Location : Oceania
Port Augusta IRH
Qualified English as a Secondary Language teachers sought to teach a variety of language and life skills
You will be responsible for the delivery of quality English as a Second Language (ESL) teaching to our clients on a day to day basis. You will be an integral member of the Port Augusta Immigration Residential Housing (IRH), contributing to the overall success of the Immigration Detention Centres.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To facilitate educational programs throughout the year catering to a broad group of client needs.
- To provide best educational practice aimed at delivering language and life skills to learners.
- To promote a climate of religious and cultural tolerance through understanding of the changing demographics of the client populations and their associated needs.
- To employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies which promote and enhance mental and psychological well-being.
- To respond to client enquiries/concerns/requests regarding their educational expectations and needs.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of program delivery.
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in education.
- Teaching English as a Second language (TESOL) qualifications a must.
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for education and learning.
- Sound experience in developing, planning, organising implementing and reviewing educational programs which are engaging, meaningful and relevant to learner needs.
- Good computer skills.
- Maintain a current Australian Federal Police Clearance
- Maintain a current "Working with Children" certificate
- Meet the character and training requirements of t he Migration Act 1958 in order to be designated as an Officer under the Act
A competitive remuneration package is available and the opportunity to work within a dynamic, values-driven global organisation.