Japan: Those with a passion for teaching and the desire to make a difference
Date 2013-03-16 04:03:45 Location : Asia:Japan
Japan: Those with a passion for teaching & the desire to make a difference in beautiful IWATE Countryside
* *IF YOU ARE AFTER A TEACHING JOB THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS YOU TEACH, THIS IS IT!
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL has an opening for a DYNAMIC English Teacher who relishes the rare opportunity of not only teaching, but also running and helping to build up a small, homey English school. Located in Morioka, the capital city of Iwate prefecture, FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is part of the Active English Academy group. ACTIVE first opened its doors in 1992 and has been serving the communities of 5 cities where our schools are located for the past 21 years. Our staff teaches at public kindergartens, elementary schools, junior high schools, a prefectural college in addition to our own in-house English language students. Active also runs an international kindergarten in Morioka.
Morioka is a city of 300,000 in central Iwate. It is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to the major cities located to the north and south. (Tokyo is 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train. The nearest ski resort is only a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east.
This position is NOT for the faint-hearted, shy or those with major homesickness or communication issues.
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is the place for a teacher who HAS STRONG LEADERSHIP, ORGANIZATION, PEOPLE AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS, IS KIND, DEDICATED, LOYAL AND DRIVEN TO LEAVE THE PLACE BETTER THAN WHEN SHE/HE FOUND IT.As life in the countryside can be more challenging than that in the city in some ways, Morioka is a place only for those who are independent and genuinely seek a more peaceful, greener and quieter lifestyle.
The successful applicant will be joining a dedicated teaching staff that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. University degree (Education degrees preferred)
2. Native English speakers ONLY
3. Teaching experience preferred
4. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic and confident with a great sense of humor
We like to laugh!
5. Fantastic people skills: Ready smiles, approachable, good at problem-solving, maturity,
responsible and have great communication skills
6. Must ADORE children and enjoy the challenge of teaching them as well as adults in a
variety of settings
7. Strong work ethics: Honest, Conscientious, Resilient, Nurturing with an abundance of
Initiative and Creative Energy. A Self-starter and Leader who likes to keep busy! Passionate
about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom and imparting Wholesome, Solid
values to students.
8. Must be understanding and enjoy working independently in a multi-cultural environment
9. Preference for living in a smaller city and being closer to nature and all the wonderful things it offers.
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
2. Completion bonus upon satisfactory completion of a 2-year contract
3. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
4. Fully furnished accommodation (single occupancy) with all the rental set-up fees paid
by the school
5. Visa sponsorship
6. Caring bosses, good school family
7. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences May 2013
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~30 / week
3. Teaching children to adults. Ample opportunities to also learn from a variety of age
groups. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula
used in class, if teacher so wishes
5. Some administrative and PR work
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.