ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Teach Communicative English To Motivated Adults in Indonesia
Date 2013-03-16 04:03:19 Location : Southeast Asia
Wall Street Institute is looking for experienced, outgoing English teachers who can inspire our adult students to learn while ensuring they have a great time doing so.
Are you looking to develop your career in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting cities, working alongside an international team of teachers where every day at work you will be making a real difference?
Wall Street Institute is the leading language provider for adult students globally, with a dominant presence in Indonesia. Our innovative Wall Street Institute Methodintegrates the best of proven teaching approaches to provide the most effective English language education available for adults. Students listen, read, write, speak, and practice English under the tutelage of native English speaking teachers.
Founded 40 years ago and growing stronger every year, Wall Street Institute has provided instruction to over 2 million students and hasover400 centers in 27 countries.
Centers are located in the capital city of Jakarta. We currently have 4 successful centers, the first of which was opened in February 2007. Centers are located in trendy areas surrounded by cafes, wine bars, fitness centers and great shops.
Students are typically 20 to 35 years old professionals, well educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. They are motivated to learn English and recognise it as a skill essential for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
Class sizes are kept small, to an average of 3 students per class, which helps ensure real progress is made by all and allows for easy classroom management.
Lessons are made up of a variety of teaching materials and are designed to be engaging and communicative. Teachers guide students through both controlled practice and authentic conversation activities. All the lesson materials are already in place, so minimal lesson planning is required.
Teachers also run sessions with more of a social focus, designed to further give students the opportunity to use their language in a natural setting, while having fun at the same time. Topics are limited only by your imagination and can be anything from baking cookies to speed dating.
You will not only be teaching, but also developing your own skill sets and competencies. Teacher training and support is central to our company culture and through workshops, seminars and class observations you will be constantly expanding the teaching methods at your disposal. Time is devoted to idea and experience sharing so you always have fresh ideas to work with.
· Bachelor’s degree in an English related subject (Education , TEFL, Linguistics or Literature)
· TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL, est. 1993, 30% discounts
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
· Outgoing, social personality
· Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
· Use your creative skills to develop social clubs and other events
· Ensure students learn in a engaging manner
· Excellent salary: 15 – 17 million Rupiah (approx 1,700 – 1,900 USD) per month
· 16 days holidays + 15 days public holidays
· Flight allowance up to 1,000 USD (paid after 90 days)
· Contract renewal: 800 USD
· Contract completion bonus equal to 1 months’ salary
· Legal work visa provided
· On-going training and professional development
· Airport pick up
· 200 USD spending money is given on arrival
· 5 days free hotel at beginning of contract
· Full medical insurance
· Mobile phone credit for one week’s use
· Assistance finding accommodation
· Indonesian classes
· Career development opportunities worldwide