ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Those with a passion for teaching and the desire to make a difference
Date 2013-03-17 05:03:15 Location : Asia:Japan
Morioka is a city of 300,000 in central Iwate. It is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to the major cities located to the north and south. (Tokyo is 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train. The nearest ski resort is only a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east.
This position is NOT for the faint-hearted, shy or those with major homesickness or communication issues.
FRIENDS ENGLISH SCHOOL is the place for a teacher who HAS STRONG LEADERSHIP, ORGANIZATION, PEOPLE AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS, IS KIND, DEDICATED, LOYAL AND DRIVEN TO LEAVE THE PLACE BETTER THAN WHEN SHE/HE FOUND IT. As life in the countryside can be more challenging than that in the city in some ways, Morioka is a place only for those who are independent and genuinely seek a more peaceful, greener and quieter lifestyle.
The successful applicant will be joining a dedicated teaching staff that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. University degree (Education degrees preferred)
2. Native English speakers ONLY
3. Teaching experience preferred
4. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic and confident with a great sense of humor ľ
We like to laugh!
5. Fantastic people skills: Ready smiles, approachable, good at problem-solving, maturity,
responsible and have great communication skills
6. Must ADORE children and enjoy the challenge of teaching them as well as adults in a
variety of settings
7. Strong work ethics: Honest, Conscientious, Resilient, Nurturing with an abundance of
Initiative and Creative Energy. A Self-starter and Leader who likes to keep busy! Passionate
about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom and imparting Wholesome, Solid
values to students.
8. Must be understanding and enjoy working independently in a multi-cultural environment
9. Preference for living in a smaller city and being closer to nature and all the wonderful things it offers.
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
2. Completion bonus upon satisfactory completion of a 2-year contract
3. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
4. Fully furnished accommodation (single occupancy) with all the rental set-up fees paid
by the school
5. Visa sponsorship
6. Caring bosses, good school family
7. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences May 2013
2. In-class teaching hours: 24~30 / week
3. Teaching children to adults. Ample opportunities to also learn from a variety of age
groups. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula
used in class, if teacher so wishes
5. Some administrative and PR work