Teach English in Tajikistan
Date 2013-03-24 06:03:37 Location : Asia
Experience one of the hidden gems of the world with us! Teach English to gifted children from poor and vulnerable families in Tajikistan. This opportunity not only lets you experience the country with a host family but also give back to the society.
Tajikistans mountains are some of the most beautiful in the world and the terrain is wild and remote in many parts. The main attraction for tourists is the road trip on the Pamir Highway (M41), journeying from the capital, Dushanbe, eastwards into the Pamir mountains and onwards to the north-eastern border between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
The route has become a singificant attraction for adventure travellers using various modes of transport and cyclists, motor-cyclists and 44 drivers all seek the challenge of this bone-crunching 2000Km switchback through the western arm of the Himalayas.
Recent tourism resource developments have seen responsible steps made in accommodating the increasing numbers of travellers and a balance is being achieved, maintaining the cultural and environmental heritage of the communities.
Tajikistan is a stunning place, and there is plenty to do, from the Silk Road mystique of places like Khujand and Istaravshan, to the stunning, untouched mountain scenery of the Pamirs and their accompanying allure of unclimbed peaks and virgin trekking routes. Fan Mountains could be a good alternative to the Pamirs. They are easy to reach and provide good trekking options.
Requirements for Applicant:
1) We will pay ticket and visa expenses for the applicant willing to teach English courses for one year.
2) We will be responsible for teachers accommodation with host Tajik family as well as paying for meal and ground transportation during period of agreement.
3) Alternatively we will pay monthly salary approximately 400-450 USD and helps applicant to find appropriate apartment for rent and with other logistical issues when she/he in Dushanbe.
- One year contract beginning early July.
- His/her role will be teaching English to kids between 8-16 years old five days per week ( no more than 4 hours per day).
- Must respect for people with different ethnic and religious backgrounds.
- Must be able to deal with children and adults of different ages
- Be able to plan, prepare and deliver lessons to range of students in different classes
- Be able to enhance students knowledge of English language and English speaking countries
- Must have enthusiasm and interest to improve students speaking and learning of English language.
- Write monthly report of his/her class progress and report to the we administration
Requirements for selecting a candidate:
- Must be an English native speaker and demonstrate full interest and enthusiasm to teach English for students of different ages
- Must have 2-3 years of teaching or relevant experience and some international experience
- Show willingness to work in developing country.
- Interested in learning Tajik (Russian) languages, traditions and customs, also living in Tajik family.
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.