ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
ESL Jobs in China - EF Qingdao
Date 2013-03-25 04:03:14 Location : Asia:China
Qingdao, Shandong province, P.R.China
EF English First, Qingdao is currently holding interviews for a new teaching position. If you are looking to teach in a modern, professional school and have the abundance of energy and creativity to teach English to young learners then do read on.
Our school is equipped with modern facilities and up to date technology as well as a variety of course materials popular with both teachers and students. We currently employ a team of 5 foreign teachers who teach mainly young learners aged 4 to 18 years old. Each student is placement tested on entering the school which means students studying together have the same level of English. Class sizes are kept small to ensure real progress is made.
At EF Qingdao teacher training and on-going academic support is given the highest priority giving you the structure needed to enjoy and thrive as a teacher.
Qingdao – The city
Qingdao is a picturesque coastal city that lies on the southern tip of China's Shandong Peninsula, located in JiaoZhou Bay facing the Yellow Sea.Qingdao is well known for its European architecture and attractive coastal landscape. With its abundance of natural beauty and bustling city life, the year-round schedule of tourist attractions and events, as well as an extensive public transportation network, Qingdao truly is an idealplace to live.
The city is famous for its delicious fresh seafood, Tsingtao Beer (China's most famous brand), and its colourful panorama of red-roofed houses and green trees overlooking the sea. The city has many spaces of parkland and forest, and is close to the Laoshan Scenic Area which has its own beautiful mountain landscapes and waterfalls.
In 2008, Qingdao hosted theSailing Regattas of the 29th Olympic Gamesas well as the 13th Paralympic Games and in 2009 welcomed sailors from theVolvo Ocean Race. In February-March 2010 Qingdao will once again welcome the sailors of theClipper Round The World Yacht Race.
· Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
· Lesson planning
· Use audio / video materials in classes
· Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
· Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
· Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
· Attend centre social events
· Excellent salary: 6,800 RMB per month (negotiable depending on experience)
· Free accommodation: Western style, near the school
· Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
· Legal ‘Z’ work visa
· 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
· On-going training and academic support
· Promotion opportunities within the EF network
· Bachelor’s degree
· TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL, est. 1993, 30% discounts: http://www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
· Experience teaching young learners preferred
· Plenty of passion and energy