ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Career opportunities in Shanghai for Director of Studies of English Department
Date 2013-03-25 04:03:58 Location : Asia:China
The AIEN Institute is the Teaching Centre for the Joint Venture between the Shanghai Ocean University and the University of Tasmania, Australia. The Institute was established in 2002 and offers a four-year Degree program with majors in Information Management and Information Systems and International Marketing. Graduates receive a degree from each of the universities. Currently over 1600 students are enrolled and over 2650 alumni are around the world.
English department is responsible for delivering Academic English Program which integrates Advanced Level General English, English for Academic Purposes and English Language Study Skills, Business English program, English training programs and providing continuous English support for AIEN students.
AIEN Institute is recruiting internationally a new director of studies to be in charge of English Department.
Director of Studies' Main Responsibilities:
* General administrative work of English department
* Teaching Management
* Human Resource Management
* Teaching Quality Assurance Management
* Teaching programs management
* Students' English support
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
* Age less than 60 is preferred.
* Good health.
* Bachelor's degree or above
* TESOL certificate or postgraduate diploma/degree ¨C minimum qualification CELTA/Trinity Certificate or internationally recognized equivalent
* At least 2 years experience of secondary or tertiary teaching in a TESOL or Academic English Program
* At least 2 years managerial experience, (in educational institution preferred)
The AIEN Institute offers:
* A competitive remuneration package
* A living allowance
* An end-of-contract travel allowance
* Free workday lunches
* Local medical insurance & campus clinic
* Paid annual leave & Chinese public holidays
* Reimbursement of visa and medical test costs
* High quality teaching materials and lesson outlines
* On-going professional development
* Career development opportunities