Career opportunities in Shanghai for Director of Studies of English Department
Date 2013-03-25 04:03:58 Location : Asia:China
Lead a team of experienced, qualified Academic English Teachers working for a Chinese / Australian University Joint Venture in Shanghai.
The AIEN Institute is the Teaching Centre for the Joint Venture between the Shanghai Ocean University and the University of Tasmania, Australia. The Institute was established in 2002 and offers a four-year Degree program with majors in Information Management and Information Systems and International Marketing. Graduates receive a degree from each of the universities. Currently over 1600 students are enrolled and over 2650 alumni are around the world.
English department is responsible for delivering Academic English Program which integrates Advanced Level General English, English for Academic Purposes and English Language Study Skills, Business English program, English training programs and providing continuous English support for AIEN students.
AIEN Institute is recruiting internationally a new director of studies to be in charge of English Department.
Director of Studies'' Main Responsibilities:
* General administrative work of English department
* Teaching Management
* Human Resource Management
* Teaching Quality Assurance Management
* Teaching programs management
* Students'' English support
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
* Age less than 60 is preferred.
* Good health.
* Bachelor''s degree or above
* TESOL certificate or postgraduate diploma/degree C minimum qualification CELTA/Trinity Certificate or internationally recognized equivalent
* At least 2 years experience of secondary or tertiary teaching in a TESOL or Academic English Program
* At least 2 years managerial experience, (in educational institution preferred)
The AIEN Institute offers:
* A competitive remuneration package
* A living allowance
* An end-of-contract travel allowance
* Free workday lunches
* Local medical insurance & campus clinic
* Paid annual leave & Chinese public holidays
* Reimbursement of visa and medical test costs
* High quality teaching materials and lesson outlines
* On-going professional development
* Career development opportunities
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.