ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Date 2013-04-17 04:04:01 Location : Asia
Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
Admin - Academic Advising
Executive - Academic Vice Presidents and Provosts
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
The Associate Dean of Academic Affairs will be a key member of the Deans leadership team, is a member of the School of Science and Technology Leadership Council, The Associate Dean is responsible for Academic Program Management and the quality and standards of teaching and learning across the School. He or she will work collaboratively with the Dean to ensure that the quality and relevance of provision within the School remains at the highest international standards.
To achieve the above, the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs is also responsible for enhancing teaching and learning through: course and classroom planning and preparation; training faculty in the proper and effective use of teaching technologies; supporting and facilitating classroom resource acquisition; leadership in curriculum development, faculty development; and contributing to the development and implementation of the school's strategic plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Be the person responsible for the Academic Program Management of all taught courses delivered within the School of SST
2. Have functional responsibility for the design, implementation and operation of the Schools Quality Assurance and Enhancement processes pertaining to programs.
3. Oversee the building and development of the SST faculty by assisting in the recruitment of quality international faculty, and continued improvement processes.
4. Establish a faculty development plan from teaching perspective to include tutorials, seminars, professional development, and to include student and peer evaluation processes.
5. Supervise teaching schedules and planning. Work collaboratively with Department Chairs in curriculum development and lead the Curriculum Committee. Organize and lead preparations for upcoming SST national and/or international accreditation efforts. Assist with any other administrative activities for assigned program areas.
6. Serve as a resource to faculty preparing annual performance reviews, evaluate faculty promotion files, and provide feedback on classroom teaching and related educational responsibilities.
7. Assist with faculty recruiting, interviewing, and orientation upon arrival.
8. Coordinate faculty nominations and applications development for external campus teaching awards.
9. Participate in the strategic management of the School as a member of the School Leadership Council.
10. Serve as the School's liaison with central administration and the registrar in faculty academic matters as needed.
11. Assist, where appropriate with instruction in his/her area of expertise as needed.
12. These duties and responsibilities reflects the present requirements but are subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
Education and experience: The Associate Dean shall have earned a doctoral degree with academic credentials sufficient to qualify for a faculty positions as an associate or full professor in one of the sciences, and possess demonstrated administrative experience.
Required skills: Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Ability to read, analyse and interpret documents and reports.
The position provides an attractive compensation package which includes the following:
· competitive compensation;
· housing based on family size and rank;
· relocation allowance;
· air tickets to home country, twice a year;
· no-cost medical insurance, with global coverage;
· education allowance for children.
Applicants should send a C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the university or positions, please visit our website (www.nu.edu.kz). Contact: Ronald Bulbulian, Dean, School of Science and Technology.
Postal Address: Ronald Bulbulian
53 Kabanbay Batyr Street
Email Address: email@example.com