5 vacancies for Junior-Intermediate English (ESL), Math, Science, and Social Sciences
Date 2013-04-20 06:04:23 Location : Asia:China
Salary and Accommodations: Over RMB$10,000 per month
5 vacancies for Junior/Intermediate English (ESL), Math, Science, and Social Sciences teachers
Boren Sino-Canadian School was established in 1999 with the partnership of ALCDSB in Ontario, Canada. The school is operated under the Ontario curriculum and grants "OSSD" to its graduates. At the schools, we have Ontario qualified and non-qualified teachers teaching various subjects such as English, Chinese, Math (MCB, MDM, MGA), Science (SPH, SCH, PSE), Geography, Social Sciences, Arts (Music, Drama...), P.E. and many more; we also have teachers from US, Philippines, France, Venezuela, and Korea. Please go on our website to view our current teachers' profiles. The main campus of Boren School is in Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province.
- Division: Junior and Senior Secondary (Grade 1 - 12)
- Number of students: 600 students
- Students' background: Chinese - 60%; Korean - 12%; Vietnam - 6%; Venezuela - 12%; Hong Kong - 5%; North Americas, Philippines, and Others - 5%;
- Students per class: approx. 30
- Total number of teachers: 50
- Total number of staff: 85
- Teachers required: 5 vacancies for Junior/Intermediate English (ESL), Math, Science, and Social Sciences teachers
Salary:RMB$8500 per month minimum. Starting salary would increase based on qualifications and relevant teaching experiences
Travel Allowance: Negotiable; One-time RMB$2000 - 10000 (depending on commitment, length of contract...etc)
Start Date:August 2013 July 2014, renewable upon completion of contractual term
Housing:4 Star Residence 10 minutes away from the School campus
- Each Apartment is shared with other international staff
- Every teacher will get a room by themselves with air conditioning
- All rooms have individual bathrooms
- The apartment has a limit in electricity usage; going over the limited will be at the expense of the staff in that apartment
- All apartments have cable and Internet access
- All apartments are fully furnished
Meals: included; 3 meals per day on working days.
- Teachers will eat in the cafeteria
- Teachers are welcome to cook for themselves at their apartments
Medical Insurance:Basic medical insurance coverage will be provided to each staff; there are School doctors and nurses and doctors available 24 hours at the campus
- All teachers are required to teach up to a maximum of 20 instructional hours per week
- Overtime pay will be given if the teacher goes beyond the 20 required hours
- Although classes are from Monday to Friday, on special occasions, teachers are required to be on-call on Saturdays, i.e. Charity, Community, School Events...etc.
Pay Holidays: Chinese national holidays are fully paid, there are approximately 35 fully-paid holidays within a school year
Working Visas: The school will apply and pay for the China working visa for all staff members
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.