ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English teacher needed in central China
Date 2013-04-20 06:04:51 Location : Asia:China
The School of International Education, in conjunction with the Foreign Languages Department, currently has a vacancy for an English language teacher. This contract will commence in September 2013 and will initially last for 10 months.
This role will involve teaching a mixed portfolio of courses, primarily to first and second year English major students. In addition to spoken English and basic phonetics, teachers may be required to deliver courses in reading or Western culture and history. Teachers will be expected to deliver up to sixteen classroom hours per week. Some paid overtime may be available, but this remains optional.
Textbooks will be supplied for each course and teachers are expected to complete course and lesson outlines for the material which they are going to deliver. Formative and summative assessment must also be carried out in line with the university's regulations.
Summary of duties:
• 12-16 classroom hours per week across two 19-20 week semesters.
• Subjects taught: Spoken English; Extensive Reading; Western Culture & History; Tourism, etc.
• Management of course and lesson outlines.
• Grading students and monitoring attendance.
• A monthly salary of 5000 to 6500 RMB (depending on qualifications and experience and classroom hours).
• A travel allowance of 2200 RMB paid on completion of the contract.
• Flight reimbursement up to the value of 8000 RMB.
• Accommodation in a furnished private apartment on campus (rent free and utilities included).
• Teachers have free access to internet in the private apartment.
• Four weeks holiday during the “Spring Festival” period (January/February) and six to eight weeks during the summer.
• Teachers are supplied with insurance from Ping’an Insurance Corporation.
• Teachers are also entitled to all holidays normally observed within China.
• One month vacation allowance of 4000 RMB within the one year contract
Teachers are also welcome to make use of an office within the School of International Education.
This role would suit an enthusiastic graduate who wants to develop their teaching experience in a challenging but rewarding environment. Successful applicants will have a good academic background and be confident enough to work independently and manage a classroom. A proactive attitude and a willingness to meet the challenge of living and working overseas is also essential.
Summary of qualification, experience and skills:
• A bachelor's degree, with a grade of 2:2 or above. Preference will be given to graduates of Linguistics, English Language or Literature, History, Education or other subjects within the field of Arts and Social Sciences.
• A TEFL certificate is not essential but would be beneficial.
• At least one year's work experience in an education or arts-related field.
• Demonstrable ability to work independently in an organized manner.
• Professional demeanor – successful candidates will be a highly visible part of a campus community.
Successful applicants will be provided with a working visa, which will enable them to work and live in China legally for the duration of the contract. There are a number of requirements attached to this visa, these are stipulated by the State Administration for Foreign Experts and China's Entry/Exit Service.
In addition to the qualifications noted above, candidates must also be:
• Citizens of a country in which English is a native language.
• Between the ages of 25 and 60.
• Physically sound; capable of passing a basic medical inspection.