ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Certified teachers needed to start late July
Date 2013-04-23 06:04:58 Location : Asia:Korea
Monthly Pay 2.55~2.95 Million Won based on Merits, 4 Weeks Paid Vacation, National Pension
KnK International Homeschool, which is located in Bundang, a satellite suburb of Seoul, is looking for qualified native teachers who can start to teach from July 29.
This is the perfect job for teachers who are looking for a great job, in a wonderful school with the strengths of a 'standard' system without all the administrative red-tape.
The teacher will teach North American Elementary or Middle School subjects such as Language Arts, Science and Social Studies, from standard native-English texts (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Scholastic, etc.). We use a modified North American curriculum, with small class sizes (a maximum of 8 students per class), and MOST of the students either have already, or will soon, study & live overseas. The students are from 1st Grade to 9th Grade in Korean public/private schools.
We prefer the certified teachers who have previous teaching experience, from the U.S.A, Canada and/or another country's elementary or middle school system.
* Native English Speaker
* BA/BS (or higher) in Elementary Education, English (Literature), History and other relevant majors (Speech Communications, Theater, Early Childhood, etc.)
* Preference is given to Certified Teachers, but a combination of TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification and work experience will also be considered.
* maximum 22.5-25 teaching hours a week (Teacher will teach a maximum of 30 classes of 45-50 minutes) and work 5 days a week (Monday through Friday). Except for RARE cases, there are NO Saturday classes.
* Detailed working hours
Mon~ Fri. 1:30pm (at the earliest during regular terms) - 10:00 pm (at the latest in regular terms) / During the regular semester, our school classes begin at 4 p.m and end at 9:30 p.m.
* No Split Shifts
* During Our Summer and Winter Intensives: Classes run Mon. thru Fri. 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm, therefore, possibilities exist for teachers to collect great over-time during Intensive months (usually held in August and January).
Salary: Basic Monthly Salary, Quarterly *Merit' Bonuses, and Severance
* Basic salary will be determined based on applicant's education, qualifications, and teaching experience.(2.55-2.75 million Won per month)
*'Merit' quarterly bonuses will be given at the end of each quarter, depending on a teacher's performance in the previous three months.
* The ‘Merit Bonus’ structure is as follows:
*Good' Evaluation = 300,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
*Very Good' Evaluation = 400,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
*Excellent' Evaluation = 600,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
(Almost all of our teachers have received *excellent' evaluations and full bonuses for the past 5 years)
* Severance bonus (or the equivalent of 1 month's basic salary) will be given after the completion of a one-year contract.
* Single furnished housing that is comfortable and convenient
* 500,000 Won per month will be given as a housing allowance if the teacher does not need furnished housing provided.
* Round-trip Airfare
Benefits & Taxes
* 20,000 Won per hour for overtime
* 4 weeks paid vacation and all national holidays
* Medical insurance premium and national pension will be co-shared
* Income tax will be deducted at the standard National rate
* Scanned transcripts (for our files, originals are no longer required)
* Cover letter, explaining your goals and motivations for teaching in Korea
* Resume, with a recent photo
* Copy of university diploma. For Canadians, notarized by a notary public and certified by Korean consulate. For others, the diploma needs to be notarized and apostilled. Again, a scan/copy is fine for the initial application. Please note that the Korean Ministry of Education may require an original diploma to be presented after arrival.
* Copy of inside passport page with date of birth and nationality shown
* Two letters of recommendation, written by former employers.
* Copy of teacher certification (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
* Applicant's Health Statement (after offer of employment is made, please note that drug tests have been fully reinstated by Korean immigration)
* A criminal record check certificate. Again, scan is fine for initial application.
(In order to accept the position at KnK, a criminal record certificate must be prepared in advance. Please note Federal checks are now required.)
All documents can be submitted through mail or e-mail. If all of the required documents are not submitted, our recruitment process will not be initiated. Please apply to our teaching position only after preparing all documents.
It is also important for you to be up to date on the latest Korean employment and immigration rules and regulations. Therefore, we strongly advise you to please contact your nearest Korean consulate to confirm any recent changes.