ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Language Instructor, Saudi Arabia
Date 2013-06-02 10:06:04 Location : Middle East
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Studies
LOCATION: Various, including Riyadh, Jeddah, and/or other possible sites in Saudi Arabia
START DATE: August 31, 2013 and/or January 1, 2014
Under the guidance and supervision of a Director of Studies (DoS), the English language instructor teaches English to adult students and maintains a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to effective language learning. In accordance with the approved curriculum framework, the instructor implements effective instructional methods and materials, utilizes diagnostic and progress assessment measures, and maintains communication with students, keeping them informed regarding their progress and offering extra help as required. The instructor keeps the DoS informed of classroom issues and works with colleagues in a team effort to achieve program goals. S/he prepares student reports and supplemental class materials and monitors student progress. S/he is familiar with educational technology including the Moodle learning management system.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaching up to 26 hours per week including supervision of multi-media lab sessions.
• Preparing lesson plans, in-class quizzes, and classroom activities
• Implementing quality assurance, including grading and records assignments, test and exams
• Participating in program/course review and development
• Utilizing established channels for handling routine procedures, resolving problems/concerns and making suggestions
• Attending and participating in staff meetings
• Developing and maintaining positive and cooperative interactions and communication with management, teaching staff members, and students
• Bachelor’s degree and a TES/FL certificate (120+ hours in class and practice teaching)
• Minimum three years’ experience teaching secondary, vocational, and/or tertiary level in EFL contexts
• Native or near-native English language fluency
• Knowledge and experience using blended learning, task-based learning, and skills integration in English language teaching
• Familiarity with on-line learning management systems such as Moodle, Blackboard, etc.
• Ability to develop and adapt classroom materials to meet students' needs
• Proficiency using computers and technology in classroom activities
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an instructional team
• Previous experience living and/or working abroad particularly in the Middle East
• Fluency in a foreign language
• Experience studying or teaching online
Renewable one-year contracts include competitive tax-free salary based on qualifications and experience, furnished housing, monthly local transportation allowance, airline ticket(s), paid summer break and Saudi national holidays, health insurance, end-of-service gratuity.
This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.