ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Quality Teachers Needed in Myanmar (Burma)
Date 2013-06-02 10:06:47 Location : Southeast Asia
Positions available for immediate start.
Pre School Teachers
P5 – P6 Classroom Teachers (English, Math & Science)
P5 – P6 & S1 – S4 ICT
Come and experience the wonders and be part of the positive and exciting changing times in the Golden Land of Myanmar. Brainworks-Total Group of Schools is located in the Southeast Asian country of Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). In the nine years since our founding, Brainworks-Total Group of Schools has expanded to 11 branches with over 2500 very motivated students and 400 dedicated teachers and staff with ongoing expansion plans. We are an official Cambridge School as well as holding both “ISO9001 and ISO14001” accreditations. All our training is conducted in English and focuses on experiential learning with high academic standards as well as personal/self-development skills, creating future young leaders, service to the community and participatory activities. We also believe in reflective teaching and our instructors and teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. At the same time we also have a strong emphasis on developing, training and empowering local Myanmar teachers, staff, and parents.
Both 11 and 22 month contracts are available but we are very focussed on giving our students certainty and continuity and preference is given to applicants who are prepared to commit to a 2-year contract.
• Our salary year is from 1st June to 30th April
• Our teacher-working year runs from early June through to 10th April.
• For those that complete an 11-month contract and are offered and accept a second year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May.
• Paid public and term holidays.
• Paid flights costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract.
• Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
• Quality shared house/apartment style air-conditioned accommodation.
Please note there are no mixed couple accommodations available
• US$500.00 Stipend available for those that wish to procure their own accommodation.
• Free basic maid and laundry service.
• We cover all initial and bi monthly visa renewal costs.
• Free daily nutritional School lunches.
• We cover all local work related transportation costs.
• Complimentary Myanmar language classes.
• Basic medical insurance
• For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to lead there are performance based advancement opportunities.
US$1500-US$1800 depending on qualifications and experience.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teachers salary in their own country.
Candidates who would like to work at Brainworks - Total Group of Schools must possess the following qualifications:
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand with a neutral accent.
2. You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120hrs of in class training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license. Preference given to those that hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and to those that are certified teachers in their place of origin.
3. All positions require at least one full year practical leading and teaching classroom experience or one year's practicum as a student teacher in a qualified teacher certification program.
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are looking for.
How to Apply:
Send email applications
1. A detailed covering letter telling us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our awesome team.
2. A current CV
Should you be shortlisted for a position at a later date you will need to supply the following documentation.
3. A copy of your passport
4. 3 Letters of reference
5. A copy of your teaching credentials, certifications, endorsements, etc
6. Any other relevant documents