Live and Teach Abroad in the Heart of Indonesia!
Date 2013-06-02 10:06:41 Location : Southeast Asia
Live and teach abroad in the heart of Indonesia! Jan & Elly is a Singapore based English Language that has branched out into Indonesia. Jan & Elly, which opened its doors in 1995, provides a comfortable and fun environment for kids ages 4 - 12. If you have a passion for teaching and want to live and work abroad we would like to hear from you. Here at Jan & Elly we think of our students, our teachers and our staff as one big family...and it shows. Feel free to be as crafty and imaginative as possible when applying as we encourage creativity (even in our application process).
Live and teach abroad in the heart of Indonesia! Jan & Elly is a Singapore based English Language that has branched out into Indonesia. Jan & Elly, which opened its doors in 1995, provides a comfortable and fun environment for kids ages 4 - 12. If you have a passion for teaching and want to live and work abroad we would like to hear from you. Here at Jan & Elly we think of our students, our teachers and our staff as one big family...and it shows.
- Conduct classes, lessons and/or activities as assigned and carry them out according to the curriculum
- Prepare and conduct one to one Intensive sessions as and when required
- Carry out Student Placement tests and advise parents on appropriate programme for child
- Monitor the performance of students
- Write students progress reports at the end of each term
- Follow up and attend to queries relating to students
- Help maintain a healthy class enrolment
- Build a strong rapport with parents and students
- Provide feedback on lesson plans and worksheets such as typo errors, new ideas and activities to Course Director or Centre Manager
The unique boutique that is Jan & Elly:
- All curriculum is created in house and prepared for the teachers, in other words you don't have to spend time creating lesson plans because it's already -there.
- Flexibility inside the classroom so each teacher can conduct the class with their own personal flare and finesse
- There isn't homework for the students or teachers, we do our best to have all work and marking done in class during the lesson
- There is a supportive ecosystem that exists throughout the school, everyone helps each other as and when they can
- Minimized administrative work for the teacher which allows them to stay focused on the classes
- Numerous resources available for the teachers, we're only limited by our imagination
- Bachelor's Degree (Education/Linguistics/English) or an Honours degree together with a Post Graduate Certificate of Education and TEFL/CELTA qualifications
- At least one year of teaching experience (volunteer work is acceptable)
- Native English speaker
- Possess a flair for writing
- Well-versed in the American and/or British education system
- Passionate the love for imparting knowledge and values to the young ones
- Approachable always happy to listen and talk to parents and students
- Loving be a kind and nurturing person
- Smiley always have a smile to share
- Mature, responsible, patient and positive - energetic a plus
- Willingness to work on weekend days and/or weekday evenings (this is crucial, must have a flexible schedule)
- Experience living abroad
- Must have a great sense of humour, we like to laugh and have FUN
- Housing allowance
- Support and assistance to help you settle in
- Medical coverage/insurance
- Up to 12 days paid sick leave per annum
- Visa expenses covered
- Airfare allowance reimbursed upon completion of probationary period
- 35-hour week, 5-day week (3 weekdays + Sat & Sun)
- 4 weeks of paid vacation days a year, plus national holidays
- An end of contract bonus
- Minimum 1-year renewable contract although a 2-year contract is much preferred
- Salary range $2,000 - $3,500 SGD depending on credentials and experience
Please send your resume, a recent photograph, professional references and a cover letter to the Personnel Manager. Applicants that make it to later rounds in the interview process will have the opportunity to speak with existing teachers and staff to get a better idea of what sets Jan & Elly apart from the rest. Thanks and good luck!
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.