ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Director of Studies, Saudi Arabia
Date 2013-06-03 06:06:09 Location : Middle East
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Full-time
REPORTS TO: AMIDEAST Country Director
LOCATION: Various, including Riyadh, Jeddah, and/or other sites in Saudi Arabia
START DATE: August 31, 2013 and/or January 1, 2014
The Director of Studies (DoS) has overall responsibility for the academic and administrative operations of the English language program. The DoS supervises the instructors and other program staff, and coordinates and facilitates all HR personnel requirements with the AMIDEAST/Saudi country office. The DoS ensures the integrity of the academic program by implementing all required quality assurance measures. This individual coordinates academic and administrative activities with cognizant client counterparts and with the AMIDEAST country director or his/her designated representative. The DoS is the chief academic officer for the program and has exclusive responsibility for supervising curriculum implementation and student assessment. This individual is responsible for teaching staff performance and oversees all operations related to student services, curriculum and assessment.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
DoS duties will include but are not be limited to the following.
• Managing an EL training program and ensuring the delivery of quality instructio.
• Coordinating curriculum development and enhancement
• Supervising instructors to assure instructional standards are maintained
• Coordinating course enrollments, course schedules, and teacher assignments
• Facilitating HR personnel support from the AMIDEAST country office
• Conducting staff meetings and organizing pedagogical meetings/follow-ups
• Attending coordination meetings with local client counterparts
• Leading professional development sessions if, or as, required
• Working in a professional manner in compliance with client requirements and local cultural sensitivities
• Master’s degree in ES/FL, TESOL, Education, or a closely related field
• University degree from the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
• Five (5) years’ teaching experience and three (3) years’ academic management experience as a program manager, department head, or similar position
• Knowledge of program-level educational philosophy, practices, and procedures
• Experience managing a program that utilizes educational technology
• Native or near-native English language fluency
• Experience living and/or working abroad in the Middle East or Gulf region
Renewable one-year contracts include competitive tax-free salary based on qualifications and experience, furnished housing, monthly local transportation allowance, airline ticket(s), paid summer break and Saudi national holidays, health insurance, end-of-service gratuity.
This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.