ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
TEACHING OPPORTUNITY IN SAO PAULO BRAZIL
Date 2013-06-07 09:06:42 Location : South America
No teaching experience required
(training course will be provided)
Period: 6 months
WHAT WE OFFER:
SUBSIDIZED ACCOMODATION: shared room with bathroom,wardrobe, DVD player, TV, iron table, independent entrance, no curfew (save R$ 1200,00 per month);
+Monthly Allowance (details during interview);
+Free Internet access from 9pm to 8am during the week and full access in weekends
(save R$ 119,00 per month);
+70% discount in our Brazilian Portuguese Language Course (save R$ 445,00 per month);
+Subsidized Callan Method Teachers Training Course (save R$ 3500,00);
+Facilities: kitchen with a small fridge, microwave, cupboard, table and a washing clothes machine
Our school operates since 1998 and we can provide contacts of foreign teachers who worked for us in the past.
We are located in one of the best neighborhoods of São Paulo, with malls, supermarkets, hairdressers, restaurants, train and bus facilities within 05 to 15 minutes walking distance.
We prefer candidates with STANDARD BRITISH ACCENT and able to buy a return ticket to São Paulo and stay for 6 months (we don't reimburse airline tickets).
Please, ONLY CONTACT US IF YOU CAN:
- AFFORD BUYING A RETURN TICKET (YOUR ORIGIN/SAO PAULO/YOUR ORIGIN)
- AFFORD PURCHASING THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGUE COURSE (6 months = R$ 1144,80)
Although no teaching experience is required, candidates that previously taught with the Callan Method will definitely be contacted.
Candidates with great interest in learning the Callan Method techniques of teaching and in learning Brazilian Portuguese will also have an advantage.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:
- in the opportunity to experience Brazilian culture for 6 months
- in the Portuguese Language course – in order to learn a new language and practise it in the native enviroment;
- in the Callan Method Teachers Training Course
- in 6 months experience as a professional Callan Method teacher
- in spending some time in a country of South America in order to have credits for your course
(if you are a university student of Modern Languages, for example)
THIS POSITION IS NOT SUITED FOR YOU IF YOU ARE:
- interested in making money: the monthly allowance will help you with your basic needs. If you intend to travel or develop other activities during the weekends and holidays, you have to bring extra money;
- interested in staying in Brazil after 6 months: we will contact the authorities if a candidate intends to stay illegally in Brazil after 6 months;
- coming for romantic relationship reasons;
- not able to stay for full 6 months;
- not used to work for 8 hours a day;
- can’t be available for 8 hours scheduling from 7am to 9pm during the week and from 7am to midday on Saturdays
- drug user
The best teachers will receive a letter of recommendation by the end of the 6 months period.
Please send us your resume with a recent picture, DOB, references and Skype ID.
If selected, we will send you an email with further instructions.
FURTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE POSITION WILL ONLY BE SHARED WITH THE SELECTED CANDIDATES.
Emails with grammar mistakes, no picture, no DOB, will be immediately discarded.
References will be contacted by us. We expect references with the company website address, telephone numbers and emails with the company domain (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Letters of recommendation will give you an advantage but they must be sent via email from the company responsible for the letter.
We wish good luck to all candidates and appreciate beforehand all your efforts to become part of our team.