ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Full Time - Urgent in June - Hanoi, Vietnam
Date 2013-06-08 10:06:53 Location : Southeast Asia
Apollo English is looking for several qualified full time teachers to join our dynamic team in our Ha Noi centers in Vietnam. Immediate start available.
Established in 1994, Apollo English operates in 9 centers across 4 cities in Vietnam. We offer a wide range of classes teaching general, business and exam preparation English to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients. We also run CELTA programs and public teacher-training courses for Vietnamese teachers.
• Teaching across a range of levels, ages, and courses
• Planning student-centered and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Participating in professional development activities, such as attendance at training sessions and peer and senior observations among other things
• Administering and marking course tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 17-25 hours per week . Classes run from 7:30am to 9:45pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and 7:45am to 6pm on Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are given two consecutive days off.
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
• Native English speaker
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Experience with teaching Young Learners/ Kindy/ General English experience is preferred
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 6 months’ validity on passport
• Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus (up to $1000 bonus)
• Overtime payment
• Work permit costs covered by Apollo
• Fully paid leave : up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Recruitment at email@example.com
• Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.