ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Teaching Positions in Korea
Date 2013-06-09 07:06:44 Location : Asia:Korea
2. Current location and contact number
3. Preferences you may have(location, starting date, students age group, etc)
ELIGIBILITY and QUALIFICATIONS FOR TEACHING VISA:
You must be a citizen of one of these seven countries: Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa.
English has to be your mother tongue
You must have a Bachelor's degree from a university in these countries; Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa.
You must not have any criminal record.
DETAILS OF TEACHING POSITIONS IN KOREA
School locations: all urban areas in Korea
Type of school: Private English language schools and public schools
Contract period: 1 year
Degree requirements: Bachelor's degree in any discipline
Salary: 2.0-2.3 million Korean won(approx. 1,900-2,200 USD)
Starting date of work: All year round, but there are more position openings for March and September start
Student age group: kindergarten to adults
Teaching hours: 30 hrs per week (35-45 hours including office hours)
Class size: 10-30 students/class
Benefits: Rent-free apartment, Free air ticket, Severance pay, 50% of Health Insurance and, and 7-14 days of paid vacation
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW :
1. For educational work visa, you need a bachelorís degree and a clean background check. The background check has to be done within 6 months by nation-wide search.
2. Teaching experience is not essential, and all degree subjects are accepted. However, Korean employers tend to prefer candidates who have degree in education or in English, or TEFL/TESOL certificates.
3. Candidates pay no placement fees.
4. Getting a background check takes as long as 2 weeks up to 3 months. Visa process takes another 3-4 weeks.