ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Teachers Needed
Date 2013-07-14 11:07:48 Location : Southeast Asia
The first WSE in Indonesia opened in February 2007, in the heart of the capital city Jakarta, and is strategically located in a popular shopping district. The school’s design is one built on the principals of elegance and innovation, intent on redefining the way Indonesians think about English schools. Five additional schools followed rapidly at a rate of one per year, covering all parts of the city. Expansion plans this year include three additional new school openings and expansion outside of Jakarta as well.
WSE's students are mostly in their late teens, twenties or thirties, and are a blend of university students, office workers, high school students, housewives, and even celebrities. They are generally well-read and well-traveled, making them great conversationalists.
Wall Street Institute is owned by Pearson, the largest and most successful education company in the world. Our schools here in Indonesia have won the 'Best Service in Asia' awards and 'Best Service Globally' as well. So you can be sure that we are a company which holds to only the highest of standards..
Why teach at Wall Street Institute?
* The salary starts at 15,000,000 rupiah
* Teachers receive a year-end bonus worth approximately one month's salary
* Teachers who renew their contract are given an additional $800 renewal bonus
* Incoming airfare is reimbursed up to $1,000
* 1 month of vacation time: 16 days of annual leave and roughly 15 national paid holidays
* 100% of visa and work permit costs are covered
* Medical insurance is provided for both out- and in-patient care
* The average classroom size is 1:3
* We have high standards for recruiting staff, both locals and ex-pats, so you are guaranteed to be working with great colleagues
* We have internet for teachers and free flow of coffee
* Ample opportunity for professional growth and promotion, including managerial opportunities opening up due to our expansion plans over the next 5 years
* Housing is not provided but we'll help you get situated
* 25-hour Teacher Excellency Training is provided
* Private airport pickup and transportation upon arrival
* Teachers are put up in a hotel for up to 5 days fully paid
* A staff “buddy” will assist teachers in finding accommodation and setting up a bank account
* $200 spending money is given on arrival
* Bachelors degree or higher specifically majoring in English, Linguistics, Education with an English-subject focus, Comparative Literature or an MA TESOL (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* TEFL certified (CELTA/Trinity preferred)
* Native language English speaker with passport from the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Be able to obtain a health certificate stating you are healthy in body/mind and free of HIV/AIDS (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Age between 25-55 years old (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* 5 years removed from BA degree, with some ESL teaching experience (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Passionate about both teaching and life; friendly and outgoing
* Professionally dressed and well-groomed
Please write a cover letter in the body of your email indicating why you want to work at WSE Jakarta and attach only your CV
Please note that only candidates who meet the above requirements and provide an adequate cover letter will be contacted.
Due to the large volume of applicants, kindly do not attach any additional files. Later in the recruitment process we will request CELTA/Trinity/TEFL certificates, college diplomas/transcripts, professional references, and other documentation if we choose to move forward with an application. If you have any problems contacting us,
Thank you for your interest in joining Wall Street English Indonesia – we look forward to hearing from you!
A special note for those thinking of coming to Indonesia: It's a country made up of 17,000 islands and has something for any person looking for a new adventure. With hundreds of volcanoes, large jungles, enough beaches to explore for a lifetime, the best diving in the world and people of incredible generosity and kindness - it's the place to be!
In terms of Jakarta, it’s one of the cheapest as well as safest places to live in Asia. There is an abundance of exotic fresh fruit at every market, year-round. Foodies will love the amazing and diverse amount of international and Indonesian dishes easily found. If you like to be pampered there are well-priced spa treatments, luxury hotels and movie theaters with beds while for party-goers some of the best nightlife in Asia is in Jakarta and big name concerts regularly pass through. If you want to stay in shape, there are dozens of international gyms around the city.
It's all very affordable. It's absolutely safe. It's truly incredible. Imagine – It’s Indonesia!