ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
English Language Program Coordinator in the High Institute for Elastomer Industries
Date 2013-07-16 11:07:27 Location : Middle East
The High Institute for Elastomer Industries (HIEI) has been created as a workforce development technical institution to train Saudi high school graduates to become technicians for the manufacture of elastomer products in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). HIEI is part of a larger, new initiative to establish an elastomer industry in the Kingdom. Training at HIEI is conducted in English. The curriculum includes an initial, intensive English training component (1,000 hours in the first two semesters). This is followed by a highly specialized technical English course (40 hours per semester) in the last three semesters, which focus on elastomer technical training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work full time (40 hours/week) in instructional supervision, development of English for Occupational Purposes (EOP) curriculum development, and administrative oversight of the English for Elastomer Technicians language support program.
• Lead several English instructors working at HIEI.
• Interact daily with the technical experts, both ExPats and Saudi Instructors, to guarantee the technical accuracy of all materials including in the English lessons for the Elastomer Technician Trainees (ETTs).
• Schedule English support classes each semester in concert with science, math, labs, and other technical modules in coordination with the Training Program Manager (TPM).
• Conduct on-going instructor training in EOP/EAP theory, practice, methods, and materials.
• Assess learners’ needs on an ongoing basis and identify modifications for instructors that will improve the student outcomes.
• Oversee individual formative assessment planning and summative exam preparation for the courses.
• Conduct ongoing and end-of-semester program evaluations and formulate recommendations for improvements.
• Evaluate instructional staff on a continuous basis.
• Lead activities related to auditing of the English Program at HIEI in collaboration with the designated auditor.
• Prepare and submit weekly reports.
Master’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or closely related equivalent master’s degree. EdD or PhD are preferred.
At least 5 years of experience teaching and/or supervising programs in English as a Foreign Language (EFL / international) to adults.
Experience in teaching corporate employees English to pass standardized tests, such as IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL, etc., is not sufficient experience for this position.
Extensive experience in programmatic curriculum development for Adult ESL/EFL/ESP/EOP/EAP.
Knowledge of authentic assessments and record of implementing authentic assessments that inform instruction.
Proven, documentable experience in customizing instruction to specific job performance needs, preferably in industry sectors as close to the elastomer industry as possible (e.g.,petrochemicals, manufacturing).
EFL teaching experience in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and respectful attitude toward Saudi culture.
If you are a successful professional with extensive experience in programmatic curriculum development for Adult ESL/EFL/ESP/EOP/EAP, a Master’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or equivalent and are looking for a significant and challenging career opportunity, we would like to talk to you. Please send your resume and inquiry to:
John Mild: phone: (330) 836-9191 or e-mail : John.Mild@Gmail.com