Apply Early for Fantastic February Public School Positions throughout Korea!
Date 2013-07-20 20:07:24 Location : Asia:Korea
ESLstarter are looking for graduates to teach English at public schools throughout South Korea starting February 2014.
9 Great Reasons to Teach with the Public School Program in South Korea
- Earn a fantastic local salary which will enable you to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle and pay off student loans
- Free fully furnished private accommodation provided
- Receive a flight allowance of KRW 2,600,000
- Make new friends and share this adventure with hundreds of other candidates from the UK, USA, SA, AUS, IRE and NZ who will be starting in February
- Full orientation and training provided
- Receive a completion bonus
- Every class has a Korean co-teacher to help you
- Generous holiday allowance giving you the chance to explore Korea and other exciting parts of Asia!
- One year contract
- Start date: mid-February (full orientation to be followed by placement at assigned school)
- Teach Elementary, Middle or High school (depending on preference)
- Working days: Monday - Friday
- Working hours: 8.30AM - 4.30PM or 9AM -5PM (depending on school)
- Total hours: 22 classes per week (so 3 or 4 classes per day)
About my role
- Teach conversational English to enthusiastic classes of Korean students
- Student evaluation
- Prep class
- Develop curriculum and teaching materials
- Assist with activities related to English language education
- Share your culture and experiences with young Korean learners
Salary & Benefits
- KRW 1.9 - KRW 2.7 monthly salary (depending on experience)
- KRW 1,300,000 Entrance Allowance to cover flight cost into Korea
- KRW 1,300,000 Exit Allowance upon completion of contract
- Rural Allowance + Provincial allowance (depending on location)
- KRW 300,000 Settlement Allowance (one time payment)
- Free fully furnished housing or, where housing is not available, a rent subsidy of KRW 400,000 monthly
- 3 Weeks PAID vacation (8 day summer recess, 10 day winter recess) + approximately 12 national holidays
- 22 hours of class teaching required per week
- Overtime pay or KRW 20,000 per hour per supplementary class
- Severance pay equivalent to one month''s salary
- Tax exemption for 2 years apart from Canadians due to lack of ROK Treaty
- Compulsory medical insurance - 50% of premiums paid by employer
- National Pension scheme - 50% of contributions paid by employer
- Full 8 day orientation in a Korean resort area
- One year contract
- All national holidays
Welcome to ESL Job Feed. We offer the most varied listing of teaching jobs worldwide and resources for teachers seeking opportunities for teaching English worldwide and teachers working in other countries. Please browse our website and enjoy the many resources available to assist you in your job search for positions teaching English as a Second Language.
We publish links to job postings for teaching jobs worldwide from a wide variety of sources to allow teachers to conduct their job search all in one place. You can find postings from TESall, Total ESL, Monster, Idealist.org, TESOL.org and many other job sites. There are listings for everything from beginning teachers to positions in universities around the world.
In addition to our extensive listings of teaching jobs worldwide, we offer many other resources for teachers and opportunities to connect with schools, students and other professionals. You can post your resume for employers to see, advertise tutoring services, and find lesson plan ideas for teaching English and much more. Browse our website to see the wide variety of resources available to help you find a position and be successful teaching English worldwide.
Our forum for teachers is a great place to connect with other ESL professionals. Whether you are wondering about certification and qualifications required for teaching English worldwide or want to read the experiences of other teachers working teaching English as a Second Language, you can find it in our forums. There is no cost to join into the discussion, so start posting today.