ESL Job Feed is the most eclectic and broad source of ESL jobs and teaching positions available worldwide.?ESL Job Feed publishes links to ESL Job postings from a variety of sources including TESall, Total ESL, Yahoo!/Monster, Guardian Jobs, Chronicle of Higher Education, craigslist, TESOL Org, TEFL and many more. From conversation schools for beginners to university positions for teaching veterans,?ESL Job Feed is your source for English teaching positions worldwide.
Full-time Classroom Teacher in Bhutan
Date 2013-07-21 05:07:07 Location : Southeast Asia
Are you interested in an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will...
· give you full-time PAID international teaching experience?
· expand your career horizons as you teach a fully IMMERSIVE national curriculum, taught in English?
· allow you to explore a new and unique culture, in one of the most remote and UNTOUCHED nations in the world?
· make a true DIFFERENCE in the lives of rural Bhutanese students and their communities in which you live?
Then apply to Teach in Bhutan!
Imagine a country in which a King instills democracy on his people, where residents of the capital city vote against the installation of traffic lights, where ancient monasteries stand sentinel in lush valleys and on snow-capped peaks, and the guiding principal of development is Gross National Happiness.
Welcome to The Land of the Thunder Dragon. Welcome to Bhutan.
We are The Bhutan Canada Foundation, an organisation dedicated to furthering the development of Bhutan and its people through programs that impact its educational and social institutions.
We are currently recruiting qualified teachers to fulfill minimum one-year contracts offered by the Ministry of Education in Bhutan. We''re looking for primary educators, and junior/secondary English, math, science, and special education specialists.
Contracts begin January 2014 only! Deadline to Apply is July 31st, 2013!
In order to work as a teacher in Bhutan, the Ministry of Education in Bhutan requires the following qualifications at the time you submit your application.
· Be a qualified teacher with at least ONE of the following:
1. Three years of full-time relevant classroom teaching experience (English, math, science, special Ed.)
2. A degree in Education
3. Teacher certification (provincial, state, or equivalent)
· Be a native English speaker
· Be qualified to teach or have prior experience teaching primary/elementary or high school math, science, English or special education
Questions? Contact us at teach(at)bhutancanada.org
· Two-week orientation in the capital city, Thimphu
· Support from both Toronto office and field office
· Mid-year retreat
· Paid position, with an English curriculum
· Local Bhutanese salary (more than enough to comfortably live in Bhutan)
· Fascinating and unique culture that is extremely welcoming to foreigners
· Accommodation, visas, work permit, flights are all secured with BCF''s staff
· Fundraising assistance and optional fundraising program to cover associated costs
· Strong alumni network and prep-assistance with other teachers
· Daily tariff is waived for all teachers
· National curriculum, created in conjunction with Canadian consultants
· Entire curriculum is online for access prior to arrival
· Concept of Gross National Happiness is infused into the curriculum